Frame reinforcement questions SV input welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck has been in a situation to where it has been jumped hard enough to bend the frame so creativity will count in answering this. I noticed the other day that I have a lot of bed to cab strikes on my truck from all the twisting when I was rock crawling. So heres the question would say one of the more complex frame reinforcement kit like the one ADD sells prevent the frame from twisting that much or am I going to have come up with something different.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, It has to add a bit of extra strength to the frame since it connects both sides to one another like a crossmember. To help reduce body roll it would take a heavy sway bar but, that would not help you rock crawling. Yes?

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend that you check out the RPG stage 2 or higher kits. I studied all of the kits carefully and chose the RPG stage 2 kit for my Raptor. I bought the RPG kit as cheap frame insurance. My frame was new and undamaged when I had it installed, but RPG and several other members say that it will actually straighten a bent frame when it is installed. Once the kit is installed, I can't imagine the type of violence it would take to bend the frame. It is super robust and the Fox air bumpstops are also awesome. I've got some air several times since installing the RPG kit and it's like landing on a pillow.

Last edited:

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the bed rubbing the cab, you can loosen the six torx-head bolts in the bed and you will have just enough play to move the bed aft increasing the gap slightly between cab and bed. As far as the RPG kits stopping/reducing frame-flex (which can be helpful in rock crawling) you might want to give the guys at RPG a call.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I had the ADD kit on mine and one thing it has that the others don't is an extra piece that attaches north/south on the frame as well....the side to side bar bolts to that for even more reinforcement. RPG's kit has had great success and reviews as well but as for the strongest one, I don't think you can beat ADD's.

I've been in some frame twisting situations myself like this.......

sycamore.jpg
[/IMG]

......and there's not even the slightest mark on my cab from the bed hitting.

You can see the stout "north/south" piece of the kit here......

072.jpg
[/IMG]

Plus, KING bumps need no introduction. I was extremely happy with my kit. It's for sale in my part out thread but don't think that's why I'm pumping it up, I truly believe in that kit.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Matt this was the kind of info I was looking for. Because honestly I was about to go the Lightning route and welding in X-braces to keep it from twisting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the RPG stage 3 kit and I love it!! The bumps help tremendously and the frame brace is HUGE!! I've beat the hell outa the thing and it's still going even after jumping it a lot at the Texas raptor run haha I'd check it out the guys at RPG know their shit and Corey is one hell of an engineer!