Frame reinforcement questions SV input welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you miss the part where I said I may go the Lightning route and weld X-braces into the frame. And I'm not changing the gap between my bed and cab that doesn't seem like a fix but just some duct tape over a problem. My tentative plan is the ADD bump kit and putting an X-brace in rear where the spare tire goes.

I believe BlueSTi and a few others.

OK . .. fill me in here. I was under the impression that the Raptor has a hydroformed frame and that your not suppose to weld on them.
But, I was thinkin' like you, with the frame issue. I got a couple of ideas of my own. What's the story -- thanks in advance

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck has been in a situation to where it has been jumped hard enough to bend the frame so creativity will count in answering this. I noticed the other day that I have a lot of bed to cab strikes on my truck from all the twisting when I was rock crawling. So heres the question would say one of the more complex frame reinforcement kit like the one ADD sells prevent the frame from twisting that much or am I going to have come up with something different.

Tank, ADD developed that kit on my truck, and I have put it to the test both jumping and crawling. It definitely works well, and I think your idea of cutting out the spare tire and adding a x brace would make it even better. I looked at doing this originally, but ended up installing a air compressor in that space instead.

gk17.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Did you miss the part where I said I may go the Lightning route and weld X-braces into the frame. And I'm not changing the gap between my bed and cab that doesn't seem like a fix but just some duct tape over a problem. My tentative plan is the ADD bump kit and putting an X-brace in rear where the spare tire goes.

Ha yea maybe I missed that part, :ROFLJest: but do you expect us to read every word in a post ? HEE HEE :flipthebird:
You ever consider removing the bed and putting fiberglass bed sides on ? :crazy:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, ADD developed that kit on my truck, and I have put it to the test both jumping and crawling. It definitely works well, and I think your idea of cutting out the spare tire and adding a x brace would make it even better. I looked at doing this originally, but ended up installing a air compressor in that space instead.

gk17.jpg
[/IMG]

That space where the spare tire is located is about right for a 24 gallon inbetween frame rail fuel tank (kind of like bronco fuel tank)...

-Greg

GsxrRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rpg stage 2 love it.... its a must if your thinking of fully testing your truck.... ive hit jumps going crazy speeds and truck still holding up