Ford Performance Oil Filter Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t believe there is a Ford Performance oil filter forr the GEN 2 raptor. Could somebody clarify this? I believe the Ford Performance oil filter is for the mustang.
Believe what you want - the one I linked is significantly larger than the OEM part and works well.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
802 all I run. 5000 mile oil change. Things should be good. Oil minder at 50 % or so when I change

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried pulling up the Ford Performance oil filter and when it asked for make and model it would not pull one up for the 19 raptor or 18. Anyway that’s good to know I feel it is a great oil filter based on what I’ve read everywhere

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe what you want - the one I linked is significantly larger than the OEM part and works well.
I’m not saying I doubt you I just couldn’t find it when I put in my make and model (2019 raptor) I agree based on what I’ve read that it is significantly better.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick with the Motorcraft oil filters. PERIOD. If you want cleaner oil, add a oil bypass system, and/Or upgrade your oil to Mobil One or AMSOIL. Adding a FS2500 is a very good oil bypass system I have used on my 2011 F350 6.7. I have experienced many problems with aftermarket oil filters with diesel fords and gas fords. Especially the Amsoil EA filter for the 6.0 and the 6.7 diesels. STICK WITH STOCK, OEM, MOTORCRAFT, OIL FILTERS. My 2 cents. I went to school for Ford ASSET and wrenched at Downey Ford for years before they closed. On my 6th Ford. That's just my experience, so take it for what it's worth.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Onthebrake

Whats the difference between a ford performance filter and a ford motocraft filter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else using the Ford performance filter?

Have read somewhere that the (filter specified in the manual) FL-500s bypass valve is set to a different pressure than the 820 series.

Really would like to buy a premium filter to use but am concerned the cm-6731-fl820 is not appropriate for our trucks.

If it IS... I’m ready to place an order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have always used Motorcraft filters but here’s something I noticed when doing my first oil change; check out the size and shape difference between the OEM filter that came from the factory and the FL500S I replaced it with.

The OEM filter did not have a part number on it. Just said FoMoCo on it.

Maybe slightly larger for higher capacity to catch break-in shavings etc?

F790EF61-B118-4DFD-8FD1-9E0D88769A35.jpeg