For those who went to a Tremor Super Duty...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
to be honest, I set it up like this so that I'd feel comfortable towing off-road in the desert. I carry a 10K winch in a cradle too. If we need a winch , the idea is to leave the trailer at the trailhead, get to the patient in the SD, throw the winch in the receiver and extract.

If I hadn't planned to chase with it, I probably would have bought a 2wd dually and slammed it.

I did the kit for the offroad manners, but it really makes the SD lightyears more comfortable to drive on crappy elevated Louisiana roads with extra tall expansion joints.

I know how those LA roads are. My family still lives in Southwest LA. Some of those backroads and sections of I-10 will cause you to need your eyes realigned if you don't have a good suspension.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what part of my comment confused you?

the Tremor package is 4300$ on top of any SD you buy, so you could take that money and buy a back country kit is 2485, add labor and tires and you'd e close to that 4300 range.

@zombiekiller SD is into his truck for over 10k, which I'd assume is lights, bumpers, rims, etc on top of his Carli pin top kit. that kit starts at 3780, not including radius arms, upper or lower stabilizer shocks, sway bar, leafs.

thanks for the smart ass hashtag to try and get your point across.

wasnt trying to be smart ass I just assumed $10-12k easy for a legit suspension setup & a new set of wheels/tires on a heavy duty diesel truck....I mean I guess I’m misunderstanding what kind of suspension/wheel/tire upgrade we’re talking bout but you can spend 3/4 of that $4300 on the wheels/tires alone if not all of it?

Personally....I wouldn’t, but easily could.....I mean you said nearly $4k on the carli kit & then gotta have install + alignment on top of tires/wheels....how much does labor run on all that??

anyhow- all
I can say is don’t give damn bout extra maintenance costs the diesels always hold more value & the longer you keep em the more that rings true, the 7.3 gasser was anemic. Period. Especially compared to a raptor.

then also consider lose the warranty w/ the suspension kit etc

I gotta be honest really liked the Tremor personally- and as I already showed- it for sure includes unique shocks & springs among other things

don’t think you could replicate unique shocks, front springs, skid plates, wheels/tires for $4300 tbh

At least not the same quality

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Super duty is lined out as follows:

Full Carli Pintop Leveling "kit"
Carli Radius Arms
Carli Splined Sway bar
Upper and lower opposing steering stabilizers
carli/deaver Full Leaf pack
Daystar cradles
Firestone bags
s&b intake
S&b 60 gallon fuel tank
110w vhf
SVC front bumper
4 x BD XL80s
Warn quick connect winch wiring
Switchpros SP9100
37x13.50r17 Load Range E tires
17x9 Raceline defenders
a bunch of Mac's tie down tracks
built right panels
Morimoto LED headlights
upgraded fuel filter ( the underhood filter)
Fender flares ( because I am allergic to the brodozer look and didn't want my tires sticking that far past the fender. )

It will eventually get a chase rack and a RTT, but I'm not ready for that yet, as I recently downsized my car count and have been daily driving it, so a tonneau cover is on it for the moment.

I have gotten zero flack from Ford on anything Warranty. Roadside assistance has officially become useless, but it would be hard to argue that anything that has been changed caused a component failure.

One day I'll switch the bodywork over to 2020+ ( I like the headlights and grill more) and if I get REALLY bored, I'll do some Mcneil glass and bump it up to 40s. I just don't want to tow cross country on 40s, so it definitely won't happen until I move further west.

Once I get tired of using it as a daily driver, It'll stay in the stable as the tow/chase pig until it dies. I have no intention of needing to tow anything that might require DRW either. The truck is a workhorse and I expect that it'll do everything that I ask of it for another 6-10 years, easily.

I have not and will not mess with the DEF system. I haven't tuned it and don't plan to. 1000 ft-lbs of torque is plenty for my porpoises.

If you compare what a full raptor build costs, on top of the cost of the truck, doing a super duty build is hilariously cheap by comparison.

the other hilarious thing? If you measure the width of a super duty vs a raptor, from mirror tip to mirror tip, the SD is a good 3 inches wider with the mirrors adjusted as tight to the body as possible.

Fold the mirrors in, and my raptor is 12 inches wider.
Truck sounds nasty

Owen Grady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that doesn't include 5 17" methods and 5 nitto tires. So you're looking at $12,000 before you start putting it on.

D

Deleted member 17706

the tremor shocks aren’t just regular shocks w/ stickers wtf you talking bout??!! The shock piston itself is 45mm over 35mm standard, the front springs are also unique & there’s also differences between the suspension setups of the gas vs diesel tremor as well

Those YouTube vids are hyperbole- here’s an actual in depth analysis of the tremor’s engineering/design differences

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...-tremor-suspension-deep-dive-super-duty-f250/

Lol yea, those Rancho looking shocks are real fire bro...
A78B3D47-11BF-4C14-96FA-F6F36F1C3ED5.jpeg
Sure, the diameter is bigger, but that doesn’t change much from how it drives compared to other new 250/350s. I am not knocking the Tremor suspension— that’s the trade off if you want high payload/towing numbers. But talking to people that have made the switch to the Tremor from a Raptor and/or expecting excellent off-road performance with the Tremor, the suspension leaves a lot to be desired, which is why some are spending $12k plus on suspension mods.

Every company has its biases and likes—including those at AutoBlog. The owners at CJC off-road, who you see in the video, have owned, driven, off-roaded, and towed with Raptors and nearly every HD truck out there. They know what they are talking about.

Before this thread was started, I was just looking at F250s the night before with the Tremor add on. The performance is night and day between what a Tremor can do and a Carli Pintop. Also, it is harder to get Tremors discounted compared to a Platinum/Limited. So I would take the Tremor package money and just buy the Carli and have WAY more capability. Look at the flex on the 2.5 Carli, the rear tire is at the dude’s head!!! Lol you could go anywhere with that kit and that’s not even the 4.5” setup with 38” tires that you can also run.

EAB718B6-0C82-4BB6-8BD8-8C0128E1F1AE.png

@Lags did you do a Carli kit? Can’t remember if you went with the Tremor or not on your SD.

Last edited by a moderator:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I know how those LA roads are. My family still lives in Southwest LA. Some of those backroads and sections of I-10 will cause you to need your eyes realigned if you don't have a good suspension.

honest truth: the place where I tweak my suspension adjustments is a mile-long street in the Lakeview neighborhood in New Orleans. It is the broken, neglected, asphalt representation of a lot of Baja trails that I've been on. If I am comfortable doing 40 down that street ( no one lives on it anymore) , the truck is ready for baja.

I had never seen a 3 ft tall, concrete whoop before I found the street.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol yea, those Rancho looking shocks are real fire bro...
View attachment 162320
Sure, the diameter is bigger, but that doesn’t change much from how it drives compared to other new 250/350s. I am not knocking the Tremor suspension— that’s the trade off if you want high payload/towing numbers. But talking to people that have made the switch to the Tremor from a Raptor and/or expecting excellent off-road performance with the Tremor, the suspension leaves a lot to be desired, which is why some are spending $12k plus on suspension mods.

Every company has its biases and likes—including those at AutoBlog. The owners at CJC off-road, who you see in the video, have owned, driven, off-roaded, and towed with Raptors and nearly every HD truck out there. They know what they are talking about.

Before this thread was started, I was just looking at F250s the night before with the Tremor add on. The performance is night and day between what a Tremor can do and a Carli Pintop. Also, it is harder to get Tremors discounted compared to a Platinum/Limited. So I would take the Tremor package money and just buy the Carli and have WAY more capability. Look at the flex on the 2.5 Carli, the rear tire is at the dude’s head!!! Lol you could go anywhere with that kit and that’s not even the 4.5” setup with 38” tires that you can also run.

View attachment 162321

@Lags did you do a Carli kit? Can’t remember if you went with the Tremor or not on your SD.

I’m just saying- the suspension ain’t the same between the tremor & regular SDs- there are a lot of differences that add up- the up charge of $4300 I don’t think is egregious at all - wheels/tires/shocks/springs/few skid plates & badges etc I think it’s reasonable

that being said- I def see why you’d wanna put that suspension kit on a SD truck....pretty badass, first thing I’d do w/ one of those is remove the front chin spoiler

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I’m just saying- the suspension ain’t the same between the tremor & regular SDs- there are a lot of differences that add up- the up charge of $4300 I don’t think is egregious at all - wheels/tires/shocks/springs/few skid plates & badges etc I think it’s reasonable

that being said- I def see why you’d wanna put that suspension kit on a SD truck....pretty badass, first thing I’d do w/ one of those is remove the front chin spoiler

I guess my point in comparison to the tremor package is: I wouldn't waste the $4300 in upcharge to get a tremor.

Modes? psssch. driver mod.

Suspension? 80s shock technology. no rebuildable. you're still going to feel most bumps enough that they draw your attention. a stock F-250 rides like a dump truck unloaded. The same goes for a tremor.

You're not going to get any real additional discounts because the tremor trucks sell well. no reason for a dealer to do so.

On my 19, I paid 61K OTD for a diesel lariat SCREW with the roof running lights. 5th wheel prep pkg, and without a sunroof, laser-guided cruise, etc.

I wanted the more basic lariat that I could get, as I learned my lesson getting the tech packages on my raptor. ( IMO all they do is make it much more complicated to modify).

So, after I did that, I drove it for 6 months so I could decide what I was going to change based on my experience.

full retail on the Carli kit that is on my truck is $8500. I added air bag cradles and airbags. let's call that $500.

I went 17" wheels to get more sidewall. 17" wheels meant that my only Load range E tire option is Toyo 37x13.50 tires.

13.50s stick out a bit, so I threw utilitarian flares on the truck.

so all in all. $2500 in wheels and tires. Sold the stockers for $750.

so, paying full retail for truck, suspension and wheels/tires = $71,750

If a Diesel Tremor F-250 would cost you $67K and you stacked it up to my truck, which cost me $4,750 more, it legitimately FEELS like a $15,000 suspension upgrade unloaded ( which if we're all honest is how it would be driven 90% of the time by most people ).

Pulling 11-12K pounds, my truck is still a whole lot better than a tremor F250.

Add in some of the supporting mods to make it even better ( larger fuel tank, Amp steps, etc) and my truck is a full-on heavy-duty dirt Cadillac.

I'd driven cross country in a lot of different vehicles, including a stock raptor and a mid-travel raptor. I would pick my F-250 above all, no question, as long as the goal of the trip wasn't to break the cannonball record.

I just think that going lariat with a suspension kit is WAY more value for the money, and all things considered, the extra $4K shouldn't make or break you if you're looking at $70K+ trucks.

Hell, call Texas Motorworks. They have a relationship with Autonation where you can buy the F-250 from Autonation, have TMX do the susp[pension mods/aftermarket accessories, and Autonation will roll the truck + build into the loan and you'll have one payment. ( I don't prescribe to this bc I don't like paying interest on discretionary purchases, but everyone has their own way.)

not trying to dissuade everyone from Tremors. they are cool and all, but just think about what you're really looking for out of the truck.

The reason most people don't enjoy the ride in a super Duty is that the suspension is designed for maximum payload and maximum towing capacity.

perfect illumination of this is the sway bar and the leaf springs.

The springs are stiff and the rear end is very choppy unloaded. Loaded with about 1000 lbs of tongue weight and it is smooth and nice.

The sway bar is beefy and designed to control the truck while pulling heavy loads. Unloaded, it makes the suspension pretty stiff.

The carli front sway and springs are progressive and really really great while unloaded. The truck feels completely different and Lightyears more comfortable.

The sway bar is progressive, so when loaded down, it controls the load better than the factory bar.

The leaf springs are also progressive. when towing, I use a bicycle pump to air the bags up to 60 PSI and go. Tons of control, no sagging, completely adjustable and exactly what I'm looking for.

These differences are worth it to me ( vs. just showing up and buying a tremor). I feel like doing it the way that I did it provides a lot more value for the money. I have some friends that bought a Tremor, then 3 months later ended up doing the full carli kit. Every single one of them paid sticker for their Super Duty. They've all now spent 5-10K more than I did.

I would be 150% confident in taking my super duty on an ExO Overlanding run as it sits. No way in hell that I'd consider that in a tremor with a diesel.

YMMV, just wanted to share my experience.

Last edited:

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not trying to dissuade everyone from Tremors. they are cool and all, but just think about what you're really looking for out of the truck.

Well said.

And part of what I've noticed from others on here and else where is if someone's owned a Gen 2 Raptor and then they drive a Tremor they may not see the Tremor package as worth it. But they may also just want something a little different vs buying a regular Super Duty.. and as Raptor owners we enjoy having a truck thats special.

And as I said to the OP, coming from a Gen 1 Raptor I see the value in the modes and like them.. but thats all I like. Its still too expensive overall.

I also got 8k off of sticker price for my F350 lariat with the ultimate package, 360 cameras and no pano roof. Think my truck all in was roughly 70k USD.. *note I have to convert my prices from Canadian dollars to USD lol.

Im also waiting on my Carli commuter kit to come so I can see how much better it is vs a stock Tremor.