For those who went to a Tremor Super Duty...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
skip the "tremor" package.

Get you a lariat. then get you the full carli pintop kit. go full leaf packs and run daystar bag cradles and airbags for heavier loads. Don't skip the sway bar. don't skip running dual opposing steering stabilizers.

outside of jumps, my '19 F250 keeps up without struggling with a stock raptor.

I haven't had the balls to jump it yet, pretty much because I don't want to hurt "the dependable truck", and I have a raptor for that.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well help me then lol.

F150 - Regular truck shit
Raptor - Regular and offroad
250 superduty - Regular truck, construction, tow
350 superduty - ^ That shit but tow heavier shit
Tremor - All truck shit, less wheels than a dually, more tow capacity than a dually, more luxurious?
More towing capacity than a dually?? You mean less I think, significantly less. And I'd take a Limited or Platinum dually over a Tremor package platinum any day if towing is really what I need the truck for. Occasional trips to home depot don't justify people's need for a $90K tow rig in my opinion.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
More towing capacity than a dually?? You mean less I think, significantly less. And I'd take a Limited or Platinum dually over a Tremor package platinum any day if towing is really what I need the truck for. Occasional trips to home depot don't justify people's need for a $90K tow rig in my opinion.

but what if you're heading to home depot in Bolivia? ;)

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I got rid of my 2018 Raptor I went with a F250 Platinum. I would have gone with a F350 but got a hell of a deal on my 250. Reason I made the swap was that the Raptor couldn't pull my equipment 28ft trailer like the 250 can. I started to have issues with the engine going into limp mode for different reasons when I would pull the trailer long distance (4+ hours). I also like the convenience of having a the larger 75 gal diesel tank on my 250 so I can go for several hours before I need to refuel. My 250 also has a Kelderman suspension since I spend a lot of time in my truck both on and off-road.

I love the Raptor and still have one out in west Texas for our company field truck but the SD is much better for me as a daily driver. I also spend a significant amount time idling in my trucks as well which isn't very good for a TT gas engine.

D

Deleted member 17706

The actual Tremor package as far as the suspension goes is overrated: the leaf springs are the same leaf springs ran on the F350 from 17-19 and the shocks are just repainted black with tremor stickers on them. As @zombiekiller noted, I would just buy a limited/platinum and do a full Carli Pintop kit with King shocks and Deaver leaf springs to unlock its full potential. CJC off-road goes into detail about this:

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a few Raptor to Tremor posts...I am likely going this route as well

Do you regret it??? Did you go gas or diesel and why?? I am thinking of making the switch to a diesel Tremor. I had some recent major issues with my Raptor that may force me to move on from it unfortunately because I love the truck - best all around vehicle I have owned until now...

I tow a fair amount especially in the winter so a Tremor would certainly be up for the challenge, I am just thinking I will miss the all around fun I have driving the raptor everyday. 1050 ft/lbs doesn't sound all that boring either though! It would be my first diesel so not quite sure what I am in for - anyone have experience with these in extreme cold and did you have issues with fuel gelling?

Will you regret making the Switch? maybe. as cool as the Tremor is, and don't get me wrong it IS cool. it's simply hard to justify the 4300$ price tag. I say this as a current Raptor and Tremor owner.

The main problem with the cost comes down to what exactly you get out of it. Raptor modes, full time E Locker, f@$king garbage shocks, tires, cool wheels but whatever and a sticker.. for 4300!! and @zombiekiller has a point on why to just get a Lariat and go with a Carli kit. the SD Tremor package would be worth it if it came with some of the styling and features the upcoming F150 Tremor will have, which we can hope the SD eventually gets but I'd bet that won't be till 2023 when the refreshed Super Duty comes out.

ok so with that out of the way as to what is annoying about the Tremor, to answer your questions.

I went with Diesel for a few reasons, first I have 2 trailers one of which is a flat deck which I plan to use to haul my Gen 1 Raptor down to some EXO runs.. whenever the border opens up! I also wanted a Diesel because I'd seen guys getting crazy MPG out of the 6.7 and to me, 18 MPG is mind blowing. I've owned 7.3s, 6.0 and 6.4 Super Dutys and NONE got over 10. my Tremor is getting 18 in the city and 22 on the Highway.

I'm also up in Canada and it get damn cold.. last week it was minus 50. the fuel didn't gel up, she ran just fine. granted I let her idle for a good 45 min because it took a long ass time to get the engine warm.

why did I go with a Tremor? well.. I also had a 19 Platinum F350 Dually and after 20k miles the computer was fried and Ford had no way to fix it. and since we don't have lemon laws up here I had 2 options, either wait it out or have the dealer buy it back and get a new truck. luckily they had a 2020 F350 Tremor sitting there and Diesel SDs are hard to come by with Covid.

I like the Tremor since I don't have any of these new modes or comforts in my Gen 1, there's a world of difference between my 13 Raptor and my 20 Tremor.

At the end of it you should ask yourself if you're really getting the most out of your Raptor to justify it, or if a Tremor/ Super Duty would be more practical.

will also say this, it's F@$KING hilarious when people see these, plus my wife's Jeep SRT on the driveway lol.

20201218_113320 (2).jpg

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
skip the "tremor" package.

Get you a lariat. then get you the full carli pintop kit. go full leaf packs and run daystar bag cradles and airbags for heavier loads. Don't skip the sway bar. don't skip running dual opposing steering stabilizers.

outside of jumps, my '19 F250 keeps up without struggling with a stock raptor.

I haven't had the balls to jump it yet, pretty much because I don't want to hurt "the dependable truck", and I have a raptor for that.

lol - that’s a lot of $$$ on top of the purchase price of a new diesel SD & warranty OTD immediately.....but I’m sure it’d ride/perform better overall too

I’d like to see a super duty fly through the the air tho haha

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The actual Tremor package as far as the suspension goes is overrated: the leaf springs are the same leaf springs ran on the F350 from 17-19 and the shocks are just repainted black with tremor stickers on them. As @zombiekiller noted, I would just buy a limited/platinum and do a full Carli Pintop kit with King shocks and Deaver leaf springs to unlock its full potential. CJC off-road goes into detail about this:

the tremor shocks aren’t just regular shocks w/ stickers wtf you talking bout??!! The shock piston itself is 45mm over 35mm standard, the front springs are also unique & there’s also differences between the suspension setups of the gas vs diesel tremor as well

Those YouTube vids are hyperbole- here’s an actual in depth analysis of the tremor’s engineering/design differences

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...-tremor-suspension-deep-dive-super-duty-f250/

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
lol - that’s a lot of $$$ on top of the purchase price of a new diesel SD & warranty OTD immediately.....but I’m sure it’d ride/perform better overall too

I’d like to see a super duty fly through the the air tho haha

a full super duty build set me back approx 10-12K.

the carli kit is 10 times as good as the tremor suspension for a couple grand more.

no regrets.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a full super duty build set me back approx 10-12K.

the carli kit is 10 times as good as the tremor suspension for a couple grand more.

no regrets.

definitely the trade off between a Tremor vs a normal SD. take the 4300 Tremor price and that gets you a nice Carli Backcountry system and tires.