FMIC Preference (Cobb, FullRace, SVC, etc.)

What FMIC do you run?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not going to try to explain heat transfer again.

i mean my truck doesnt run at widely different temps, or air conditioning performance, whether its 115F or 75F... so maybe you should.

ive only seen the coolant temp numbers pop up above the gauge one time, and it was a long climb, doing 95mph, in summer heat at altitudes, but id bet itd be running the same with a low mount IC as well. the charge air temp was only some degrees warmer than ambient, and of course shutting the throttle makes it go up a bit..

its a negligible change in cooling performance from my point of view, but im not that kind of engineer...

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing the IC isn’t going to have an impact to your auto start/stop feature.
As I stated, I have the Cobb Stage 2 kit with Goose tune and the Cobb Accessport that comes with it includes the ability to turn off the auto start stop feature... if only it worked properly. Not sure why the smart comment was necessary, because duh. You clearly have no clue about the options in that package and tune.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I stated, I have the Cobb Stage 2 kit with Goose tune and the Cobb Accessport that comes with it includes the ability to turn off the auto start stop feature... if only it worked properly. Not sure why the smart comment was necessary, because duh. You clearly have no clue about the options in that package and tune.

I’m fully aware of the the package as I had the same setup on my Gen2. No need to be a **** as I read your original comment as if the upgraded intercooler effected the functionality of the auto start/stop feature. Have you tried turning it off with the Forscan app?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i mean my truck doesnt run at widely different temps, or air conditioning performance, whether its 115F or 75F... so maybe you should.

ive only seen the coolant temp numbers pop up above the gauge one time, and it was a long climb, doing 95mph, in summer heat at altitudes, but id bet itd be running the same with a low mount IC as well. the charge air temp was only some degrees warmer than ambient, and of course shutting the throttle makes it go up a bit..

its a negligible change in cooling performance from my point of view, but im not that kind of engineer...
Glad you’re having good success

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently installed the VC fab Titan v2 and hot and cold side piping to my gen 3. Stock BOV, is it common to notice the BOV venting with the newer intercooler? More air in the system causing the sound to be louder?
I did check all my piping and everything is hooked up tight after 200 miles, no VTA mod, and builds boost just fine.

IAT are definitely cooler overall though.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently installed the VC fab Titan v2 and hot and cold side piping to my gen 3. Stock BOV, is it common to notice the BOV venting with the newer intercooler? More air in the system causing the sound to be louder?
I did check all my piping and everything is hooked up tight after 200 miles, no VTA mod, and builds boost just fine.

IAT are definitely cooler overall though.

double check the pipe going up to the airbox from the BOV