Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 First long interstate road trip

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by jamanrr, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Mister Pinky

Mister Pinky Full Access Member

How’d you shut the vibrator off?

2. isis

isis FRF Addict

Mom and husband were in Northumberland until a few years ago. My dad has a chunk of land not far from Ricketts Glen. College in Lewisburg. Go back less and less.

3. NHbeast

NHbeast Full Access Member

My first long interstate trip was 2000 miles from NH to CO. Some dirt roading from Silverton to Moab then home.
    Plain Jane cruise control served me well.
    A very enjoyable trip.

4. realjones88

realjones88 Full Access Member

And the block and cylinder heads...

OP you probably have people trying to race you bc you drive like somebody out looking to race? You can take the driver out the STI, but you can't take the STI out of the driver ;)

The ACC is great for light traffic, but is limited in heavier traffic bc even in the closest setting people will pull in front of you. The truck will then brake to maintain distance whereas a human would probably just lift off gas to get some distance. ACC also brakes way more aggressively sometimes than someone driving beyond you would expect.

5. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

I pushed the button next to the shifter to shut it all off.

Mister Pinky likes this.
  6. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

your location says NC. I’ve never been in a more binary driver state; it’s either some woman putting on makeup while texting and doing 50mph in the left lane OR... driver thinks because there’s an Earnhardt, Petty, Childress or Johnson that is a 3rd cousin, they are NASCAR material and want to show everyone.

I have felt that pain and lived it for many, many, many years. Few vehicles make that mess tolerable.

You ‘twos’ aren’t doing it right. You can leave ACC engaged but as mentioned before, it’s a driver AID, not a driver substitute. You still have mind your gaps and watch for soon to be lane jumpers. Drive like you’re a biker.

12 o’clock slow mover about to selfishly jump over because they don’t want to stay behind a tractor trailer, but they’re only going 1mph faster? Gas it.

traffic’s too tight for normal ACC? close the gap with the ... you guessed it, the GAS pedal.

If you lift, you lose.
    :p

BrttClne22 likes this.
  7. jamanrr

jamanrr Full Access Member

Put the DCCD in rear bias, turn off traction control, and engage track mode and the STI can do amazing things. I probably need to learn to drive the Raptor in truck mode.

Would make things a lot easier.

8. Big Blue

Big Blue Administrator Staff Member Admin Supporting Member

I just had to LOL at the fact you called a 3 hour drive a long road trip. :lol2:

9. Hdaniel85

Hdaniel85 Full Access Member

I have a trip from SoCal to Minnesota, then down to Tampa Florida coming up in January. 3500 miles of fun times! I can't wait.

Greg Jerome likes this.
  10. jamanrr

jamanrr Full Access Member

My 2018 Raptor has 27k miles and I am sure some on here have 2 to 3xs that much