GEN 2 First long interstate road trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Jerome

Reaction score
I've found my 19 SCREW to be one of the most comfy highway vehicles ever, which is great for me & my wife on long trips. It's also very nice offroad, but the rear end is a bit twitchy I've noticed on fast dirt roads, unless 4WD is engaged. This would be with fully aired tires, not as bad aired down to 18 PSI. A great rig all around. I also like the acceleration this truck has-great getting the fwy, and just getting around in general. I'd been considering a Tundra for a couple of years, but the Raptor won out. My wife asks if I ever regret my decision. I tell her had I bought the Tundra I'dve regretted not getting the Raptor.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I just had to LOL at the fact you called a 3 hour drive a long road trip. :lol2:

I think it's odd that y'all drive your raptors on the street, in the U.S.

If we count the miles that mine has moved while on the trailer, it has 78K on it.

The odometer reads 31K though. (and I would not doubt that it is a rougher 31K than just about any raptor.)

BUT...

NEVER OFF-ROADED, CLEAN TITLE, MAKE ME AN OFFER BUT I KNOW WHAT I HAVE, SO NO LOWBALLERS.

slingshot60

Reaction score
I love, love, love the adaptive cruise. Honestly will probably never buy another vehicle without it. Out here in West Texas on long stretches of Interstate with lots of trucks driving 62 mph when I cruise at 81... saves me having to constantly tap the brakes and then reset the cruise. Highway ride is better than any other truck I have owned (and I've owned lots--Ram, Chevy, Ford, Toyota). Only guys that ever try to race me are diesel trucks--usually with obnoxiously loud exhaust. I just ignore'em.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove from Sarasota, FL to NW Indiana in late July (my first trip, 2.1k miles total). Trip was enjoyable, I went solo. Was nice having the Raptor in a small-ish town. Didn't see another one the whole 10 days I was there. Drove up to Three Oaks, MI, then down to the Indiana Dunes to do a little hiking by myself. Then to the Michigan City beach where I stayed with my elderly mom.

As far as ACC and LKA, I used these driver aids quite a bit until I got into the smokies, after that until I hit Indiana where it turns into 4 lane and it was just clogged with semi trucks. ACC gets a little overwhelmed in these situations.

The midwest in the summer is incredible. Probably the best trip I've ever taken. Sad part is I was up there open-ended and wish I had stayed another week.

IMG_5989.jpg
20200729-IMG_6054.jpg

Last edited:

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ACC is great for light traffic, but is limited in heavier traffic bc even in the closest setting people will pull in front of you. The truck will then brake to maintain distance whereas a human would probably just lift off gas to get some distance. ACC also brakes way more aggressively sometimes than someone driving beyond you would expect.

I had no clue that ACC actually uses the brakes (tells you how much I use it) until reading your post. I just assumed that it lifts off the throttle.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drove from Sarasota, FL to NW Indiana in late July (my first trip, 2.1k miles total). Trip was enjoyable, I went solo. Was nice having the Raptor in a small-ish town. Didn't see another one the whole 10 days I was there. Drove up to Three Oaks, MI, then down to the Indiana Dunes to do a little hiking by myself. Then to the Michigan City beach where I stayed with my elderly mom.

As far as ACC and LKA, I used these driver aids quite a bit until I got into the smokies, after that until I hit Indiana where it turns into 4 lane and it was just clogged with semi trucks. ACC gets a little overwhelmed in these situations.

The midwest in the summer is incredible. Probably the best trip I've ever taken. Sad part is I was up there open-ended and wish I had stayed another week.

View attachment 157162
View attachment 157163

Miles and miles of John Deere green. Nice!!! I can think of places with worse traffic than Sarasota LOL

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miles and miles of John Deere green. Nice!!! I can think of places with worse traffic than Sarasota LOL

Agree but really depends on where. Sarasota I-75 from Ellenton to Clark can be a parking lot most of the time. Didn't used to be that way. In Jacksonville now, not nuts about traffic here a lot of the time. I'll take Indiana corn-land country roads any time!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree but really depends on where. Sarasota I-75 from Ellenton to Clark can be a parking lot most of the time. Didn't used to be that way. In Jacksonville now, not nuts about traffic here a lot of the time. I'll take Indiana corn-land country roads any time!

Was up in Bradenton. Never remembered traffic like that years ago. But that was years ago.

Gotta love the wide open spaces, when you can get out in them.

D

Deleted member 17706

Jax traffic has really changed over the last five years. It is horrible during rush hour. Fortunately, it hasn’t been bad since COVID. But given how many people are flocking to Florida, the real estate market in Jax will be on par with parts of south Florida within a couple of years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free