Finally taking the leap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's up guys, a little back story on me. I own a 07 f150 with 62k miles, bought it with 21k miles in 07, it was a demo. So I have put roughly 7k on it a year. We drive the wifes van most of the time. Was thinking about buying a F250 diesel, but I would do more harm than good to it no more than what I drive. I have always wanted a Raptor since they hit the market. So now I am in the market for one. I like buying used, the wife likes buying new. I want a CC, with 35K miles or less. So I have been checking with in a 500 mile range for the last few days. I can buy a 12 sliver (now sure about the color) with 9,200 miles listed at 52,900. It's around 200 miles from me I'm in middle tennessee. Is buy used best, or should I leap and buy new? Any advice is great, thanks guys.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For that price...buy new. I purchased a nearly loaded out SCREW for that price. I paid $50 over invoice.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard FNG! Good luck on the search, but I would barter with them. Start around $48K and see what the counter offer for it, or have them to throw in free service (oil & tire rotation) for 3 years for 40K miles and 100K mile warranty. Now if you plan on moding it with a tuner, etc.... that could void your warranty, you'll be wasting your time with negotiating for the 100K mile warranty. Good Luck!

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I found during my search that in almost every case, I could likely get a better price with a new Raptor than an used one IF I was willing to order from the factory and wait. I also felt more comfortable with a new one since these are built to be driven hard and most of us do!

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking used as well when I was looking. The dealers will rip you off on a used one. Its a "high demand" truck. Thats the excuse they would use. Then most dealers are marking it up $5,000 - $10,000. Find the right dealer and order. I got mine for $53,000 out the door. Good luck and you won't regret it. This truck is awesome!