Finally a Gen 2 Owner(...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
Bought my first Raptor in 2018. It was a 2014 Gen 1 in Ruby Red.
Then I got the craving for more power and traded it for a Roush Raptor in Race Red.
Well, after a culmination of racking up 60k miles (in 5 years), stacking maintenance bills, and numerous repair items, I decided the $4k+ would be better spent on putting it towards something with less miles and a new face. I tried everything in my power to avoid giving up my beautiful V8... but it just didn't make sense (for my family) at 111k miles on a 10 year old truck.
Well, I can honestly say, as a DIE HARD, V8 LOVING True-Blue Gen 1 Raptor owner, I LOVE this new truck. The Gen 2, as much as I hate to admit it, is better in almost every single way... it's faster, more maneuverable, and has much better tech.
This truck has spent it's whole life in Louisnana and is a single owner truck with 41k miles. Previous owner put Gen 1 Raptor wheels (really cool homage, if I may say so) and an RPG perch collar to level in the front. Otherwise she's pretty stock.
Ordered an MPT tune because i already had an SCT Tuner from my last truck.
...And I'm back in that gorgeous Ruby Red.

20230703_180826.jpg20230703_180839.jpg20230711_174142.jpg20230711_174155.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LT_Liberator

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
What other mods should I be looking at?
I took my bed cover from my Gen 1 (and it fits). And like I said, I already ordered my tune.

OP
OP
LT_Liberator

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
By the way, I have a few Gen 1 Raptor items I saved/took off the truck before selling.
If anyone's interested in what those are, please DM me.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As much as I still love the Gen 1, Ford really did knock it out of the park with the Gen 2.
Dare I say it was the same jump from a Gen 1 Lightning to a Gen 2.
Have zero regrets going with a Gen 2 as well. Just need to install a reasonator back on the exhaust one of these days.

I still see my roush Terrain SCAB driving around. Do wish Ford brought back that color.

OP
OP
LT_Liberator

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
As much as I still love the Gen 1, Ford really did knock it out of the park with the Gen 2.
Dare I say it was the same jump from a Gen 1 Lightning to a Gen 2.
Have zero regrets going with a Gen 2 as well. Just need to install a reasonator back on the exhaust one of these days.

I still see my roush Terrain SCAB driving around. Do wish Ford brought back that color.
IMO, Terrain was the best color ever made. But I do love a red truck, too. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter