FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am a relative newbie here, just bought a new ‘18 SCAB. When shopping, I did not think much about towing as most of the stuff I tow is pretty light . But after reading this thread, I got to thinking; I have a GT350 that I would love to be able to tow. I live in AZ, so driving to Izzy no big deal. I do not have a car trailer and not sure if I could find a rental the GT350 would fit on. But assuming I did, would Izzy’s mod do the trick for me ? Would I need additional help ? Deavers ? I was also surprised at the significant difference in tow rating between the scab and the screw.

He’s right, it really depends on how often you need it and a few other things but unless you get some long ass trailer where you can set the car well over its axles, there’s going to be a good bit of tongue/hitch weight. Remember, I’m using it for a trailer with a pre-weight-distribution-hitch tongue weight of 760 lbs. I gotta think the weight of a car on a trailer would be up there as well.
I would say at a MINIMUM, do the deaver +3’s. Those are made for people that have or carry more than zero weight in the bed and will be a good start in helping you no matter how you load the car. Past that, the nice thing about Izzy’s setup is that, since you fill the shocks with a small nitrogen tank (which is like filling a tire with air)....it’s completely adjustable. To be honest with you man, if you have a Raptor, a GT350 and a car trailer (soon), it‘a probably safe to assume that this wouldn’t set you back too far financially ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading the post after the first few lines you are to mad.
but damn that is some great pictures you a photographer or something? looked like a magazine add lol. very nice truck also.
did it help with wheel hop? I know sorry like I said I stoped reading.

Haha, thanks man. Not professional but I do provide content to some companies for their social media outlets.

MO to CA

Reaction score
Just to clear up all the licensing and patent ******** talk around here from the armchair experts - he already forfeited any right he had because he sold one to a customer. If someone comes up with the most badass, unique idea, then they must apply for a patent before selling it to a customer. End of story. This is because the idea now exists in the public domain and is, therefor, no longer patentable. Additionally, the idea probably would have been a weak patent because it heavily leans on other designs that precede it that are not patended themselves, which makes it obvious and not unique. Patents are great, but you also have to pay to create/submit one and, more importantly, defend one. Not something a small shop would want to do anyways.

Literally the only thing protecting someone else from making kits and selling them is the stigma that comes with copying someone else's idea.

Lastly, patents do not stop an individual from making one for themselves. In fact, that's why patent filings are public - to teach the public how to do something new while giving the originator 20 protected years to sell it first.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to clear up all the licensing and patent ******** talk around here from the armchair experts - he already forfeited any right he had because he sold one to a customer. If someone comes up with the most badass, unique idea, then they must apply for a patent before selling it to a customer. End of story. This is because the idea now exists in the public domain and is, therefor, no longer patentable. Additionally, the idea probably would have been a weak patent because it heavily leans on other designs that precede it that are not patended themselves, which makes it obvious and not unique. Patents are great, but you also have to pay to create/submit one and, more importantly, defend one. Not something a small shop would want to do anyways.

Literally the only thing protecting someone else from making kits and selling them is the stigma that comes with copying someone else's idea.

Lastly, patents do not stop an individual from making one for themselves. In fact, that's why patent filings are public - to teach the public how to do something new while giving the originator 20 protected years to sell it first.

Wow, that's not how patents work at all. So much ignorance in a single post. As they say, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. You should read up on patents before you pretend to know what you are talking about.

swanstreaming

Reaction score
There’s so much wrong here, it’s just not worth going into.

pup

Reaction score
Two previous posters need to read up on current patent law, and try to be less eager in the future to make such obvious fools of themselves. Publication of any invention prior to filing for a patent by anyone other than the inventor immediately bars the ability to patent it. If the inventor himself sells or makes it public, he has one year in which to file for the patent; otherwise, the invention itself becomes prior art. But since the OP isn't the inventor, there is no grace period. Not that it matters, since the year is up anyway.

If there's a part of the design that hasn't been revealed, then there's a possibility that specific feature could be patented. Otherwise, legally it's open to anyone to copy the idea and sell it. Any legal posturing would be just that, and like I said before, If Izzy didn't have the drive to go for a patent, then he's not going to have the drive to throw frivolous lawsuits around.

Last edited:

MO to CA

Reaction score
Wow, that's not how patents work at all. So much ignorance in a single post. As they say, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. You should read up on patents before you pretend to know what you are talking about.

I actually did read up on patents and the process prior to submitting my first patent application. Now that I have 10+ issued patents and more under review, from both USPO and EPO, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.