FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VegasRaptor18

Reaction score
Wanted to give a big thumbs up to Izzy, he got me all set up and I’ve been towing my new boat which feels great behind the truck now. Love how I can load up the bed of the truck, throw a ton of crap in the boat and I can tow pretty much level. The upgrade is great and Izzy’s service was terrific!
0ad9507853812ef57f44c665fb18584d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I am a relative newbie here, just bought a new ‘18 SCAB. When shopping, I did not think much about towing as most of the stuff I tow is pretty light . But after reading this thread, I got to thinking; I have a GT350 that I would love to be able to tow. I live in AZ, so driving to Izzy no big deal. I do not have a car trailer and not sure if I could find a rental the GT350 would fit on. But assuming I did, would Izzy’s mod do the trick for me ? Would I need additional help ? Deavers ? I was also surprised at the significant difference in tow rating between the scab and the screw.

A GT350 & trailer shouldn’t be more the 4500-5k no? While I haven’t towed yet w/ my ‘18 SCREW, I will use in August for long road trip pulling 3 seater jet ski, a bed full of gear/kayak probably 600ish lbs + a wife, 4 year old, & 80 lb dobie....while I know it ain’t gonna hurt anything, I HATE the nose high ass sagging look, I hate riding any lower than I need to, & I don’t like the idea of those cushy shocks being squished for so long.

I doubt the jet ski would make a lick of difference, but the weight in the bed sure will, in my old GMC I had over 2300 lbs in the bed a few times (crushed stone/pavers)- zero chance raptor could take even 1/2 that gracefully despite being rated @ 1200

I was going to add eibachs in front w/ +3 Deavers rear to add some height but keep rake. Hoping this would be enough to handle the weight.

Lastly....you live in AZ, I imagine whatever race track you go to isn’t far away. You have a GT350. You’re supposed to do same as us Z06 guys @ Palmer motorsports & Thomson in MA- DRIVE to the course, destroy the krautmobiles, watch their owners meticulously retire their toys to their trailers w/ sad/confused faces, then rip a bad ass burnout & drive right home.

;-)

ace75

Reaction score
Op, have you done any mods to address engine cooling in addition to your suspension upgrades?

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Op, have you done any mods to address engine cooling in addition to your suspension upgrades?

Not a thing and have had zero issues. That includes towing through mountain ranges and places like Death Valley in 100°+ weather. If you’re going to address anything it’s maybe braking, but even that was serviceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasRaptor18

Reaction score
No cooling problems here including towing an 8000lb boat from Vegas to Powell in the summer. I did add a big brake kit.

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No cooling problems here including towing an 8000lb boat from Vegas to Powell in the summer. I did add a big brake kit.

Yeah that’s pricey but I’m sure was money well spent. I only had one instance where I wish I had bigger brakes and that was once where we were coming into Death Valley. There’s a really steep grade when coming into The Valley itself that normally isn’t an issue, but throw in a 40mph tailwind to push you even harder down the hill and things could get kind of hot.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GM3SF were you in spicewood TX last weekend? i saw an avalanche 2017 pulling an airstream, but it didn't have any kayaks on board. looked awesome.

joey185

Reaction score
@GM3SF were you in spicewood TX last weekend? i saw an avalanche 2017 pulling an airstream, but it didn't have any kayaks on board. looked awesome.
He got rid of the Raptor, has a sprinter van now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He got rid of the Raptor, has a sprinter van now.

For whatever reason I’m not always getting notifications on new posts to this thread.

We did buy a 4wd sprinter which is being built out, but still also have the raptor. [emoji1360]