FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swanstreaming

Reaction score
It's not rocket science. You want someone reputable to do it, but that person doesn't have to be a race engineer.

Most of us just wanted Izzy to benefit from his work. He seems like a nice guy. But I think patience has worn thin in that regard and if he's not interested enough or willing to put in the effort toward making his solution widely available, then it's probably time that he forfeit any right to complain about someone else copying it.

Sorry, friend, but that’s not how intellectual property works. People don’t lose their rights just because you don’t get your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I contacted him a while back.

This isnt a kit that you can purchase and install yourself. You have to have the work done at the shop. Thats a deal breaker for me because I like to do my own work and hate paying for labor. If it was kitted Id be all over it.

With that being said, I was quoted $2350 for the whole shebang from Izzy. I actually have my own Fox 2x10s from another project so using those it would have knocked about $300 off.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not rocket science. You want someone reputable to do it, but that person doesn't have to be a race engineer.

Most of us just wanted Izzy to benefit from his work. He seems like a nice guy. But I think patience has worn thin in that regard and if he's not interested enough or willing to put in the effort toward making his solution widely available, then it's probably time that he forfeit any right to complain about someone else copying it.

Sorry, friend, but that’s not how intellectual property works. People don’t lose their rights just because you don’t get your way.

You're both right. Assuming we are talking about the US, the "right to complain" is part of your first amendment rights, so you don't lose that. But unless there's a patent, someone is well within their right to make a "copy" if they have the means to do so. However, Izzy is under zero obligation to offer up any assistance whatsoever. And while he doesn't lose his right to complain about copy cat setups, the general public also doesn't lose the right to come up with their own version in the absence of a patent.

swanstreaming

Reaction score
You're both right. Assuming we are talking about the US, the "right to complain" is part of your first amendment rights, so you don't lose that. But unless there's a patent, someone is well within their right to make a "copy" if they have the means to do so. However, Izzy is under zero obligation to offer up any assistance whatsoever. And while he doesn't lose his right to complain about copy cat setups, the general public also doesn't lose the right to come up with their own version in the absence of a patent.

Intellectual property doesn’t require patents. Patents simply make it easier to defend that you created the solution first in court. It’s the same with registering a trademark or copyright.

swanstreaming

Reaction score
Legally, someone else can look at the problem and try to figure it out. There’s nothing wrong with that. I think Izzy would have a case if someone reverse-engineered his brackets and straight-out copies them.

pup

Reaction score
I don't think it's a legal question. I mean, certainly it could be, but if Izzy hasn't taken the effort to make a product available, then I doubt he'd spend the energy in court to defend it.

What I'm talking about is just general honor in trying to give Izzy his due. I think we've made an effort but after a year it seems like Izzy is either disinterested or doesn't have the time, and so I think people should feel like they can go somewhere else without feeling guilty about it. Which is probably what I'll do this spring if he hasn't come up with something by then.

Now if some other fabricators after doing one decide that they want to make up something to sell, then that's between them and Izzy to sort out.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make the bracket have two mounting points- now it's adjustable and not a copy. SOP for all aftermarket parts. One guys comes up with it and 15 copies spring up, all with slight variations.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually referring to the ride when ON the bump stops. I know they’re non-existent when not towing. Can you post a picture of how your truck sits with the trailer hitched up (with your setup)?

Here you go. The ride while towing is quite smooth with the 4" bump stops (2.5"). Like I mentioned, 2600 miles with this set up and it was perfect.

fullsizeoutput_b1.jpeg

bmarco

Reaction score
Ok, I am a relative newbie here, just bought a new ‘18 SCAB. When shopping, I did not think much about towing as most of the stuff I tow is pretty light . But after reading this thread, I got to thinking; I have a GT350 that I would love to be able to tow. I live in AZ, so driving to Izzy no big deal. I do not have a car trailer and not sure if I could find a rental the GT350 would fit on. But assuming I did, would Izzy’s mod do the trick for me ? Would I need additional help ? Deavers ? I was also surprised at the significant difference in tow rating between the scab and the screw.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot depends on how often you're towing, how much you're towing and how far.
A WDH does wonders and it's relatively inexpensive.
You have too many unknown's and with not having your own car trailer makes it even more difficult to determine trailer weight, tongue weight and then even at that it's only a good as the guy loading the car on the trailer, which can shift the tongue weight around a bunch.
From the little I've read and recall, Izzy's setup would give you the best overall options. I was seriously considering it on my own 17', but now I need to sell it.
Hopefully someone else will chime in that tows variable loads more often.