Falken Wildpeak tires true 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Blue, what are you typically airing your wild peaks down to when you go off roading?

I always go to 25 psi... And recommend the same for almost any tire. Unless we're in soft sand, then we go as low as 15-16 psi.

25 gives it a much smoother ride, less prone to puncture or slash on rocks, but still maintains good sidewall stiffness for high speeds and sliding without popping a bead.

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always go to 25 psi... And recommend the same for almost any tire. Unless we're in soft sand, then we go as low as 15-16 psi.

25 gives it a much smoother ride, less probe to puncture or slash on rocks, but still maintains good sidewall stiffness for high speeds and sliding without popping a bead.

Thanks, 25 is where I usually run my grabbers and even then they seem like they ride rough. I hope the wild peaks ride smoother compared to the grabbers psi for psi, think I'm going to order some wild peaks in 37s soon.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, you can go lower if you're not doing real high speed stuff... But there's only so smooth you can get!

If I go 37's I'll definitely stick with the Wildpeaks... Just not sure I want to deal with 37's yet.

Keep in mind you'll have a smoother ride on the 37's anyway, so that should help!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can go lower if you're not doing real high speed stuff... But there's only so smooth you can get!

If I go 37's I'll definitely stick with the Wildpeaks... Just not sure I want to deal with 37's yet.

Keep in mind you'll have a smoother ride on the 37's anyway, so that should help!

True, true!

OP
OP
LeDZeP

LeDZeP

Reaction score
OP, have you experienced any rubbing? And are you on the mid-perch? Just got these installed along with 20" wheels, and I have some rubbing when turning, especially when hitting a bump. I'm NOT on mid-perch, yet.

Thanks.

Yes, I'm riding on mid perch... and no rubbing. No specs yet on Falken's site for a 35" tire w/ 20" wheels but I'm sure it's pretty much the same H x W as mine. Mid perch should solve your rubbing issue.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have the specs for the 20's on Falcon's website. Overall diamter is 35.2. I have substantial rubbing on the driver's side, even after the mid perch adjustment. I'm assuming it's the offset of the wheels, but they aren't that aggressive. I'm switching back to stock today, hopefully. Don't feel like dealing with this nonsense on this truck. That's what my Hummer on 40's is for...

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They have the specs for the 20's on Falcon's website. Overall diamter is 35.2. I have substantial rubbing on the driver's side, even after the mid perch adjustment. I'm assuming it's the offset of the wheels, but they aren't that aggressive. I'm switching back to stock today, hopefully. Don't feel like dealing with this nonsense on this truck. That's what my Hummer on 40's is for...

Yes that is the problem with running bigger tires and less than optimal off set's on the wheels. My 37x13.5/18 never rub even in travel BUT did quite a bit of work to make them fit or rather RPG did BUT I helped!:wink:

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

True, true!

I run mine at---wait for it!!! Wait For It!!!!!

50psi---I have to do everything to protect the sidewalls even if they are 3ply plus my tires sometimes look like a sick porcupine when I get off of the ranch in NM. Thorns!!

50psi is great for my on road ride! My truck does Very little high speed running if you will across the ranch but the oil field guys make the regular dirt roads rough as a cob esp if there has been any rain and the ruts are fresh.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of "work" did you do to make them fit? And I completely agree on the offset problem. Most people don't realize how much this matters.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured. I dealt with enough of that crap on other trucks. Don't feel like messing with this one like that...especially when it only has 2,200 miles on it.

Thanks!