Falken Wildpeak tires true 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I was looking more for a mm offset measurement. I don't know what ET10 means. Quick google brought up ET stands for offset in germany. All the posts I'm find with ET, are for german cars. I'm guessing 10 is the measurement, but I'm not sure of what, because a 10mm offset will do perfectly fine on our trucks, even 0mm. Anything negative is where you start rubbing, and by the way you talk, it sounds likes its very negative.

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to ask what the actual offset is in mm.

Wheels can be viewed here:
https://www.facebook.com/UltAuto
https://www.facebook.com/VellanoForgedWheels

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me about what modifications people will do to their vehicles without understanding the ramifications. This includes not doing enough due diligence to determine what is and what is not smart.

With tires and wheels it is a Very Slippery Slope Indeed. If you screw up by not knowing what you are doing you could find yourself in a world of hurt in damage or worse a wreck killing yourself or someone else.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ET 10 means the offset is +10mm. The issue is you have 10" wide wheels. When folks say that a 0 offset is fine, they are speaking about a wheel that is the standard 8.5" wide. Even though you have a +10mm offset, the extra width of the wheel puts the outer edge at around the same point as an 8.5" wheel with -9mm offset. That and with a 20" wheel, the tire is probably very square on the rim. I bet you are rubbing the outside of the tire on the bumper in the front and the back of the fender in the rear. you would need a more positive offset on the wheels to keep from rubbing. if it was a +20, it might work. Ten again, you may then rub on the inside with the 10" wide wheel.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boss Hoss, I agree. I figured I was fine being that these were already on another guy's Raptor. But, damn, I just knew better...

Chayse, I thought about that too. Either way, the wheels are coming off today. Don't feel like pounding and bending on my new truck to make them fit with no real benefit beyond looks.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who are running the Wild Peak tires, how do they perform in the sand like Glamis or Ocotillo Wells, little Sahara etc.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those who are running the Wild Peak tires, how do they perform in the sand like Glamis or Ocotillo Wells, little Sahara etc.

BlueSVT can speak from personal experience but I recently went on a run through Death Valley covering roughly 600 miles offroad and his tires (wild peaks) showed very little if any wear. From everything I've read and seen they are a great desert tire and they are cheap!

Banned
Reaction score
I have little pockets of super fine sand near me. I don't air down mine and I can drive through it in 2wd in most spots. Up hill I'd have to lower air pressure. But they're great in everything aside from stupid deep mud.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good to hear about how they work in the sand, I am needing a new set of tires soon and am seriously considering the wild peaks. I just wanted to make sure they would work reasonably well in the soft sand. Nothing more embarrassing than getting stuck.

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I am new to the forum I have been reading the tire threads for a while. I just purchased the same wheel and tire as the OP. I have a 2013 Terrain SCrew so they should look nice. I have about 260 miles on the truck and it is on the mid perch mount. I had trouble deciding if I should get Method Standard or Double standard but I went with the Standard since Discount tire had them. I have the hidden winch mount and put a 10,500 winch on it so it should be a fun truck. I figure the old tires should be worth a grand since they are new?