FAIL!!! Sync Gen2 V3.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded to 3.8 from 2.6 I believe (truck was bought August 2014) and now it won't read me my texts. Have iPhone 6+ iOS 9.2 but I still have RAPTOR splash screens.

EDIT: Read on Sync site that Ford and Apple are having issues with iOS 9.2. Just my luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

02c73a6b4b1e609b4aa32568664694fe.jpg

Last edited:

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded to 3.8 from 2.6 I believe (truck was bought August 2014) and now it won't read me my texts. Have iPhone 6+ iOS 9.2 but I still have RAPTOR splash screens.

EDIT: Read on Sync site that Ford and Apple are having issues with iOS 9.2. Just my luck.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

02c73a6b4b1e609b4aa32568664694fe.jpg

Hi AbnMP13,

The issues with 9.2 has to do with the Siri Eyes Free feature. Follow the instructions in this link to get text through SYNC: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...o-receive-text-messages-from-your-iphone.html

Shaay

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from Ford. I asked my kid to dig into it. He found the Ford patch that fixed the similar splash screen problem in 3.7 The patch is identical NorhternILRaptor's fix. My kid edited the patch so that it would work on 3.8 and uploaded to Dropbox. Click on the link below to download-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tudpw21egyq6yr8/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip?dl=1

You don't need a Dropbox account to download. Click the x if a Dropbox log in screen pops up and you don't have an account.

Again, this is the official Ford Patch for 3.7. The only change my kid made was was one line that referenced the software version. We popped the USB with the edited patch into my truck and as mentioned before it literally took 2 seconds to update. Lincoln logo is gone. Raptor logo is back.

Instructions:

This only works if you have already updated to version 3.8

Download the file from the link above.

Unzip contents to blank USB (formatted to FAT32)

Plug in to Raptor

Files will auto install and prompt when finished.

Thank you for the patch!!!! Worked great.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Has Ford fixed this yet in their download file? I think I saw someone mention in another thread they downloaded a couple weeks ago and still had the Raptor screen

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it today and it gave me the presidential. Used the patch and wham bam Raptor is back.

This board is better than any Ford Service department for information.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it today and it gave me the presidential. Used the patch and wham bam Raptor is back.

This board is better than any Ford Service department for information.
So I take it Ford has NOT fixed the update[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk