FAIL!!! Sync Gen2 V3.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o-townFLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed the newest sync update, Gen2 V3.8Everything went fine EXCEPT now I have lost the "RAPTOR" MFT (MyFordTouch) splash/boot screen. I'm now stuck with a sweet Lincoln Presidential boot screen. :supergay:

With that said does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,
-Matt

OP
OP
o-townFLA

o-townFLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted that before I made the post, but came up with an unreadable error code on the MFT screen... I also tried to unzip the current splash folder and delete the rest of the new update crap but still came up with a error...

mridahodan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This time, I'm not going to be on the bleeding edge of the update. I'll wait until they get the splash screen logo fixed.

Looks like the update is just some bluetooth and Apple stuff. Since I'm an android guy with no bluetooth issues, I probably will not bother with this update anyway.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You can bring it into the dealer, as they have the proper equipment to get it set back.

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that ones you get error code you're not able to get it fixed by yourself. I did update when i got my European nav but ended having Ford logo instead of Raptor svt logo, so i called up auto hentzschel to get it fixed. He did send me new update with original logo but darn thing got stuck and gave me error code some sort. After talking with Henry he told me that I'm not able fixit by myself, so i think you need to go to dealer get it fixed.
If someone else knows that there is way to fix this by self, i would also like to know how :) Really hate that light blue ford logo :(

OP
OP
o-townFLA

o-townFLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I spoke to Sync today and they said there isn't a current fix for it and the dealership will not be able to correct it either. The only fix is to wait it out till Sync comes out with another patch update...

NorhternILRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing just happened to my Raptor. Super Gay Lincoln splash screen. An online chat got me nowhere except for informing me to head to he dealer to get it fixed. I will be calling them tomorrow to see if they have any insight.

Heading to Dearborn this weekend to for the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village visit. Now I am afraid it won't be as special.

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done the update yet, but what I have found is the customization files for backgrounds have Raptor, Mustang, Lincoln - Black Label, Lincoln - Presidential and Vignale...

What Lincoln screens are you seeing after the update?

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Heading to Dearborn this weekend to for the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village visit. Now I am afraid it won't be as special...

You could always stop by Ford World HQ on Michigan Ave in Dearborn while you're in town and perform some Raptor-style donuts on their pristine lawn to vent a little and show your frustration. Not that I would endorse doing something like that... :)

Afterall, the "splash screen" snafu appears to be the fault of the folks who do the Sync programming, etc...

But, pics and/or video if you do perform a Raptor lawnjob ! :)