Factory leafs vs Deavers or Nationals re: frame damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand folks want to mod their trucks.

And I get that RPG (and other companies) have great products to sell for those who want them.

Furthermore it's understandable that folks want to buy/install them to have "peace of mind" should they push their trucks.

But let's be real here. The factory design is excellent - no other manufacturer makes a truck like this. The truck works as advertised. Sure folks may push their trucks but that still doesn't mean it will cause damage.

I only say this because I don't want new buyers to think their ~ $50,000 Raptors NEED aftermarket parts (not cheap) to "survive" being driven hard.

For what it's worth (maybe not much) I absolutely don't recommend buying mods like these as part of the vehicle financing (you'll pay interest on it for the years of the loan).

And, in my opinion, you might not want to have it installed on your brand new truck at the dealership as it lets them know that you've modified your vehicle (and it will go on some computer/docs too) before you took possession of it.

pappawheely

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow has this thread gone off the deep end. To the OP, it is common to adjust the last stage on a bypass shock to act as a bump stop. Since everyone is complaining I will too. Shocks provide "Damping", "Dampening" is what happens when your seals fail. :Get him!:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the deavers or nationals take into account the 2mm rake in the stock block?

Yes and no.
In a nut shell (without going too far into detail because I'd like to make a seperate thread for it sometime), my standard nationals give my rear drive shaft u joint a working angle of 4 degrees. Taking the whole picture into consideration (because there's a lot of variables at play, and some major ones that changed with the nationals, when looking at not just the pinion angle or drive shaft angle but the working angles), I'd say the nationals didn't cause any negative problems on the axle end.

I do see a possible problem on the t-case end, because the working angle, or lack of working angle, in theory suggest early u joint failure. But again there's plenty more of my opinion to this that's better left for a different time :crazy:

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my Raptor for about 2 1/2 years too... with thousands of off road miles and Raptor runs. No bent frame and I'm also happy with the stock springs.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my Raptor for about 2 1/2 years too... with thousands of off road miles and Raptor runs. No bent frame and I'm also happy with the stock springs.

BLASPHEMY!

:D

truck-ford-f150-svt-raptor-2.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have had my Raptor 2 years 5 months it has 40k miles, with only 25 miles off road, no bent frame and I hate the stock springs!!! The 25 miles off road are just to get to my place in northern Mi... In the 25 miles I have driven off road the wheel hop is out of control... So much worse than any other vehicle I have had...