EZDOWN TailGate Mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Can you guys give me the link to order the easy take down tail gate mod... seems like is a pneumatic bar/tub you clip in and it handles the force to open and close the gate rather easily... i just need a source to buy one....

If you have a link to send me, or can give me diretion, it would be greatly apprectiated.... I need to order now.

Thanks,
Markj

This is the place I used. On the first page.
Dee Zee EZ Down Tailgate Assist Kit | Tailgate Assists | Shop Now

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, will this work for a 2011 Raptor?

Seems the websites I go to looking for one... they're for 2010's, but the tailgate on a 2011 should be the same, right?

fillmoreranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by a dealer selling them that they would not work for the tailgates with the extended step.... too heavy.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find the gate harder to close after installing the EZ?

Mine used to close really easily. Now I have to forcibly close it. And the little retainer clip popped off my strut the first time I attempted to close the gate. Everything installed exactly as it should be, but the strut wants to rise upward as the gate closes and the sheetmetal retainer got forced off.

As neat as this is, it's annoying when my gate doesn't want to close properly. Seems like it would work a lot better if the strut body was a bit smaller in diameter.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 8 year old daughter gets pissed when I open my tailgate and I have my hands full of my softball gear and bam. She will be pleased. Ironman is that your voice on the video? You should be in radio.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
My 8 year old daughter gets pissed when I open my tailgate and I have my hands full of my softball gear and bam. She will be pleased. Ironman is that your voice on the video? You should be in radio.

lol...I don't like listening to my voice.