EZDOWN TailGate Mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so far. I'd say the only problem is the cable pops out if you don't place it right. Oh and I need to spray my hinges. Screeching all the way down.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed. Love it.

Can't remember if it was in another thread or if it was in the video but someone said they skipped the foam thingy and shrink wrap. Can't imagine that working too well. Would pinch the cable every time unless you were manually guiding it or something. With the foam and shrink wrap properly positioned...it is a no brainer, just shut the tailgate. No pinching, kinking, nothing. Only real change is that the cable now makes a sharp bend/fold on that side instead of a more relaxed rounded fold when tailgate is shut.

Ditto on the need to lube the hinges now...don't think it squeeked before. ??

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went back and watched the video Ironman put up again... Now I see/remember that he added that little felt or foam to keep the wire from getting hung up INSTEAD of the foam/shrinkwrap that comes with it. Still looks like his cable folds or "kinks" as he says, about the same as mine. Bottom line is the cable just no longer has the full 4" or whatever the thickness of the tailgate is to make it's fold. It has to make a tighter bend. Key is just to keep it from binding in between the taillight or the tailgate body. Maybe I'll revisit this...although as I said, it seems to be working just fine as designed.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had mine installed for 2 weeks now. I did NOT install that piece of foam. My cable is fine. This was the 1st mod I did.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed mine. I skipped the shrink tube/foam part. I will have to see how the cable lays down and if it kinks at a later date (so far no problem). This was the second mod I did after bringing her home. Thanks again SPRSNK for the coupon code. Great video Iron.+++++

Sharky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - just picked one up at Amazon.com $39.81 shipped. No code necessary - just have to be signed up for one-click ordering which is free to do.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone looking for one of these...

I ordered through Summit Racing and it never showed up. Called, was told they've recalled some EZdowns and/or they're discontinued. I didn't get a straight answer as to which really.

Checked DeeZee's website and can no longer find any EZDown systems on their site. Gone. Nada.

Ordered one through Amazon since they showed to have some in stock.

Just a heads up since they may be off the market for a while and/or discontinued.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
For anyone looking for one of these...

I ordered through Summit Racing and it never showed up. Called, was told they've recalled some EZdowns and/or they're discontinued. I didn't get a straight answer as to which really.

Checked DeeZee's website and can no longer find any EZDown systems on their site. Gone. Nada.

Ordered one through Amazon since they showed to have some in stock.

Just a heads up since they may be off the market for a while and/or discontinued.

They're very convenient for sure but qaulity in the material might be low. Mine the bolt that went into the tail gate broke so they sent me a new one, also I've noticed that it's starting to rust.
It still works great tho.