GEN 2 Engine making strange noise. Time for a rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the local ford dealership for a diagnosis. They will let me know sometime this week. I will update this post when I find out. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the local ford dealership for a diagnosis. They will let me know sometime this week. I will update this post when I find out. Hopefully it wont be too bad.
Good luck! Hope it is not as serious as we thought it may be! Keep us posted on what it turns out to be.

DC

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted. Im very interested in this. Also just a note.....thus is my 1st time hearing about a 6.2L problem out of all the construction and utility trucks I know of and they all have very hard miles on em

OP
OP
C

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted. Im very interested in this. Also just a note.....thus is my 1st time hearing about a 6.2L problem out of all the construction and utility trucks I know of and they all have very hard miles on em
Mine is a 2017

OP
OP
C

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck! Hope it is not as serious as we thought it may be! Keep us posted on what it turns out to be.

DC
Just got off the phone with the Ford Dealership.

Apparently the noise is from the cam phasers and will be fixed for free under warranty. (I paid out of pocket December of '20 @162k miles).

Def relieved and hopefully thats all that was was wrong.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Apparently the noise is from the cam phasers and will be fixed for free under warranty. (I paid out of pocket December of '20 @162k miles).

Awesome! That is great news. And hope that resolves your issue.

DC

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you saying your cam phasers were replaced in December 2020 and that they failed again? If so, do you know what part rev was used in Dec 2020?

OP
OP
C

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying your cam phasers were replaced in December 2020 and that they failed again? If so, do you know what part rev was used in Dec 2020?
Yea, I was getting the cam phaser rattle bad in dec of 20 but since I was at 162k I had to pay out of pocket. When I get home Ill look at the receipt and see what part they installed. I know it was around $2700 for part and labor.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I was getting the cam phaser rattle bad in dec of 20 but since I was at 162k I had to pay out of pocket. When I get home Ill look at the receipt and see what part they installed. I know it was around $2700 for part and labor.
I guess 2 points of concern. If they put in the old phaser rev parts (not the cd level) then, they should reimburse since those weren’t the correct parts. However, if they did install the cd parts, that’s also not good that they broke too. I thought the cd parts were supposed to fix this problem.