Electrical troubleshooting please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is a thought........ do any of you guys keep your wallet in your back pocket while driving? i just put 2 and 2 together and realized that most of the seat heaters i replaced were damaged on the right side of the seat. my thought was this....... since most of us keep our wallet in the back right pocket, im wondering if the wallet is creating a pressure point on the seat. sitting on your wallet could be pushing in on the seat causing extra stress to the seat heater and could damage it causing the intense heat or no heat at all........ just thinking out loud

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow never would have thought of that then again I've never had to replace them. Good idea busa! Me personally I keep my wallet on my dash while driving the off balance sitting bothers me when I drive thanks to the army for giving me back problems haha.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
here is a thought........ do any of you guys keep your wallet in your back pocket while driving? i just put 2 and 2 together and realized that most of the seat heaters i replaced were damaged on the right side of the seat. my thought was this....... since most of us keep our wallet in the back right pocket, im wondering if the wallet is creating a pressure point on the seat. sitting on your wallet could be pushing in on the seat causing extra stress to the seat heater and could damage it causing the intense heat or no heat at all........ just thinking out loud

Good thought. It sounds like that could cause an issue overtime

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score

What do I look like, George Costanza?

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
jeff

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice input busa! I rarely drive with mine because it makes my cheek go numb after a while! and busa is it true the only way you can get aftermarket speakers is by doing a full system and running another amp just for the speakers? Especially if you have the sony system?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats your budget? and do you want something to fit the 5x7 or do you want to go with something better and modify your door panels?

OP
OP
jeff

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im kinda tight on budget because suspensions highest on my list and its the most expensive. The guy i have always used locally owns a raptor and said that i cant just get any 5x7 speaker and plug it in i can only use sony brand which made little to no sense to me. and that i can do what he did and drop a thousand buck to get a seperate amp and redo all highs and lows.

i use to be able to turn base/treble up on full on the sync screen and then also turn up the bass knob adjuster up on full and never had an issue but now i think the speakers have stretched to much and cant handle as much and are on the verge of blowing. thanks for your help busa