Why does Sirius XM radio source "shut off" as soon as CarPlay connects?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This also happened in my Gen2 with a wireless CarPlay adapter installed. I get in and start the truck, the radio starts playing Ozzy's BoneYard or whatever SXM channel I was listening to last time I was in the truck, wireless CarPlay connects, and the music stops. I am forced to press the "Audio" button, then "Sirius XM" to get my station back on. It's annoying as hell. I assume it has something to do with CarPlay supporting Spotify, which I also listen to a lot. I wish it could just remember which source I was using last and restore that, but I assume this is because the built-in SXM radio is not integrated into CarPlay so it just takes over all audio as soon as it connects. Anybody else find this annoying and/or know a workaround?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else experience this and know how to change this behavior, or if it is even possible to change this?

Last edited: