GEN 1 Electrical Gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
@The Car Stereo Company @Nex

i checked all the connections to nav tv and they were all good and the green lights were on.
I decided to test nav without the navtv connected and it worked fine.

Sht! So i wonder if the module(s) are bad but they still work fine with the cameras.. hmm

*Even if its the modules i dont see them separate on the site :(

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@The Car Stereo Company @Nex

i checked all the connections to nav tv and they were all good and the green lights were on.
I decided to test nav without the navtv connected and it worked fine.

Sht! So i wonder if the module(s) are bad but they still work fine with the cameras.. hmm

*Even if its the modules i dont see them separate on the site :(
since you disconnected the nav tv it might have reset it. it relies on constant power so a reset might have fixed it. also sometimes the pins in the harnesses dont make a good connection, even though the plug is in. check to see if the pins have spread out. use a pick to tighten them if necessary

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
since you disconnected the nav tv it might have reset it. it relies on constant power so a reset might have fixed it. also sometimes the pins in the harnesses dont make a good connection, even though the plug is in. check to see if the pins have spread out. use a pick to tighten them if necessary

Yeah i made sure to check the pins, my short time with audio installation has taught me lol. They all looked good i made sure all the connections points were firmly together. I believe one may have be just loose enough to stop power for a second when bouncing around. I have navtv hooked back up and it went to a sync restart screen. the nav screen seems more responsive but ill do a test run when i head out later.

my rear defrost light stopped working, however the defrost still works so i have an issue with the dash bezel itself

This may be what is going on also. Meh rear defrost is just a luxury so if it dont work oh well lol

Thanks for the help everyone :)