Electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Check Engine Light (CEL). I went off-road and my horn button stopped working. Dealer found it was a loose connection. Something may have come loose on yours as well.

OP
OP
M

matt ziso

Reaction score
It sounds like there is an issue affecting the Medium Speed CAN (MS-CAN) bus; all of those systems communicate with each other on that network.

The first thing to check is the tail lamps; look for moisture/water that may have entered them due to damage or being submerged while off road. Water will short the connector pins and pull down network communication. If there are no water intrusion issues, inspect the harness under the rear of the truck. The MS-CAN wires run through that harness to the taillights. Look for trail damage, water intrusion, rodent damage, etc. As others mentioned, you can download ForScan for free and buy a compatible adapter so you can pull codes.
Thank you for your help that was the problem I had water in my tail light I pulled a sensor out dry out the whole tail light and reseal it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By the way did u ever had “drive control malfunction” light came on?
I just had mine and don’t really found any answer for it.
There are a number of possible causes for a Drive Control Malfunction message; you would need to pull DTCs to see what’s going on.

Clodmiran

Reaction score
The sudden failure of your blind spot sensor, steering wheel, AC, and windows could indicate a potential electrical issue, possibly a blown fuse or a loose connection.
Since your truck is relatively new, it might be worth checking the fuse box first to see if any fuses related to those components are blown. If the fuses are all okay, then it could be a more complex electrical problem that may require professional diagnosis and repair.
If you're still dealing with this issue, you might consider reaching out to https://kanatautilitiesltd.ca/high-voltage-contractor-ottawa/ for advice or assistance. They could help diagnose the issue and ensure that your electrical system is functioning correctly.

Last edited: