Electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt ziso

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to the raptor world.
Just got 2020 raptor and went off road.
As soon as I was on my way back home all the sudden the blond spot sensor fail and my seal and steering wheel along with my AC and windows stop working. Anybody had this issue and if he did do u know what was the problem.
Many thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds familiar, not common, but somebody had that happen, I can't remember offhand what he did to fix it. Hopefully somebody chimes in. Did you get any cel's on the dash?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look up "forscan" as well, that is a free diagnostic software tool for Ford trucks and will let you know what, if, any codes "dtc's" are stored in your truck. You just need to order an adaptor off of amazon to hook up your laptop. CEL= Check Engine Light, btw.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like there is an issue affecting the Medium Speed CAN (MS-CAN) bus; all of those systems communicate with each other on that network.

The first thing to check is the tail lamps; look for moisture/water that may have entered them due to damage or being submerged while off road. Water will short the connector pins and pull down network communication. If there are no water intrusion issues, inspect the harness under the rear of the truck. The MS-CAN wires run through that harness to the taillights. Look for trail damage, water intrusion, rodent damage, etc. As others mentioned, you can download ForScan for free and buy a compatible adapter so you can pull codes.