GEN 2 Electrical Fire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DevonDragon

Reaction score
At about 2 AM this morning, we woke up the Raptor's horn blaring. Looked out the window and saw orange glow from the front of the truck. Rushed outside and discovered a decent fire going under the hood! Managed to put it out with two fire extinguishers before it spread so thankfully no damage to the rest of the truck, but there's a lot of damage on the passenger side of the engine bay. Seems to have started right behind the battery with the fuse box and power distribution block area. Definitely electrical.

The truck had been parked, off, and untouched for 2.5 days before this. Cold night, some snow coming down. Never had any issues with the truck before. 2019 with 20k miles on it.

Insurance hasn't been out yet, but I'd bet money it will be totaled. Super bummed:(. Really loved this thing.

IMG_4585.jpeg

OP
OP
D

DevonDragon

Reaction score
Yeah East of Denver. Have a powered bed cover (installed by dealer) and an upgraded amp (installed by a good shop). both with fuses and the truck was off for days... So I don't know:(

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's one way to be welcomed to the place. Congrats on a burnt raptor. Good thing you weren't driving it when it happened. Curious too, if there was any mods done to the truck or if it was all factory stock?

OP
OP
D

DevonDragon

Reaction score
Haha thanks! Yeah, and I'm glad we woke up when it happened, otherwise I think the whole truck (and everything in it) and possibly the garage/house would have been burnt, which is scary to think about. Mods listed above ^^.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks! Yeah, and I'm glad we woke up when it happened, otherwise I think the whole truck (and everything in it) and possibly the garage/house would have been burnt, which is scary to think about. Mods listed above ^^.
if you need help, im currently in thornton. reach out if you need something. (831) 254-7562

noah

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Bummer. On the bright side, if it's cheap enough, you can probably buy it back from the insurance company and LS swap it with stand alone electronics and have a really fun toy, not necessarily street/smog legal though. Or buy another F-150 and swap the goods over from the burned truck.