E&G Console Gun Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my safe today, everything went fine. I didn’t disconnect any of the connections from the rear panel, just had my wife hold the panel up out of the way while I slid the bottom plate in. As for torquing the bolts, I ran them in with my M12 ratchet which is rated for 30 ft/lb. I was thinking later I wonder if I overtightened them and if there would be any effect on the longevity of the install. The safe seems secure and I don’t see any deformation of the plastic anywhere, so it’s probably ok. I’m guessing the plastic on the bottom between the ribs is flat for the plate to fit like it does, so it’s probably fine. I was thinking the non fuel version of the ratchet wasn’t rated quite that high.

Checking back in: I looked up the max torque for a M6 bolt and a 1/4” bolt, both were 8-9 ft/lb. I loosened the bolts 1/8 of a turn (they were snug, but didn’t seem too tight) and checked them with a click type torque wrench, they tightened back the 1/8 turn plus a little without hitting 10 ft/lb so all should be fine.

CA6D8CDF-9E72-4489-A568-E81EBDBBF59B.jpeg

Last edited:

deadeye99

Reaction score
Just ordered from Apollo. Looked at the others on the market and this looks like the best for me. Does it come with button head screws now or should I pick some up?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered from Apollo. Looked at the others on the market and this looks like the best for me. Does it come with button head screws now or should I pick some up?

It comes with regular hex head bolts. I don't know that you'll notice much difference after it's installed.

motoman289

Reaction score
Just finished installing. Big thanks to everyone for the tips and tricks. Very happy with everything.

View media item 15368
View media item 15369
u41NS9vVQQev

QMQbyh1QVd

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Links are blocked for me....

Yes, bad links. I got mine from Nick, it came with the correct length bolts, they were regular hex head. Once you put the included padding piece in the bottom after install it doesn't make a difference.

When I picked up my truck from the shop that did my PPF and ceramic the guys in the shop were all asking where the hell I got that awesome gun safe. They were blown away by how OEM it looks and by how well built it is.