Driving on the beach? Yes/No

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DocMarshall

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a pita is it to air up/down the tires on the daily tho ? LoL

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much of a pita is it to air up/down the tires on the daily tho ? LoL
It's a small price to pay to not be the guy in the Raptor stuck who got stuck that finds himself on youtube and the Corolla Idiots Facebook page....there will be some serious soft spots in the summer, especially at high tide when it forces everyone up towards the dunes.

And be careful on the roads in back....the water may be deeper than it appears.

1642756353223.png

I used deflators and there is an air station at the Currituck light house a few miles from the entrance to the beach for filling up.
If your staying in Carova, no need to air up unless you leave, nothing is paved up there.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Air em down w/ a pencil tip & air em back up w/ a lil harbor freight air compressor plugs into cig lighter

Don’t need to get fancy

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I specifically bought mine for surf fishing on the beach in South Texas. I have no need for anything at all if I cant use it and have fun with it.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re just gonna use em & swap em out every few years, yeah nothing to worry bout. But….the amount of corrosion that can occur from only a couple of winters w/ rock salt/brine embedded everywhere in every nook & cranny of your vehicle is pretty significant, let alone leaving it sitting next to the ocean salt air blasting it day in day out & THEN actually driving in/around sea water? It’ll chew up your bushings, ball joints, any exposed steel nut/bolt/line the welds on the frame will start rusting quickly & all in all starts looking like hell, wearing quicker, & being more difficult to work on as a result of stuff being seized up.
[/QUOTE]
In the '70s this may have been a huge deal, but now it's not a problem that can be solved with a garden hose.
I can tell ya when buying a toy/hobby car in particular like that Porsche you have….I for one would absolutely get on the ground get a good look underneath @ the diff(s) exhaust hangers suspension bits brakes spindles etc see how everything looks, and I’d immediately be able to tell you DD that Porsche in that kinda weather. All else being equal against same P car that’s been only warm weather driven/garaged, I wouldn’t even bother giving a low ball offer & would gladly pay 10-20% higher for the cleaner example.
I've had the Porsche for about 20 years and it looks fine underneath. And honestly, it's not worth a 15% premium at time of selling to baby a car for its whole life and rub it with a diaper on the weekends. I use them like a normal car and trade them when I'm done.
That’s just a fact- not a knock on you or your vehicles, that being said- a) vehicles are meant to be driven, especially awesome ones like Porsche 911 & Raptor, & b) you can take preventive measures ahead of time to ward off a lot of the damage winter weather/salt air/water can do to a vehicle.
No worries, I'm not offended. Unicorn cars and unicorn buyers usually have extra special prices in mind, but I'm OK having maximum enjoyment and retaining average value. The vast majority of buyers aren't worried about regular wear and tear, or if the owner drove it on the beach one weekend.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be going out on a limb here, but I think they might be worried that their Raptors are going to end up looking like your Raptor and Porsche... ;)
Used heavily and enjoyed? I'm OK with that. Nice mall crawler, BTW. :cool: