Don't know what to do. Buy a 1st gen or wait for the 2nd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove my 1st Raptor at Carmax. Actually I drive a lot of cars at Carmax. There's no pressure to buy at Carmax and you can check their inventory online.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^^ yea but your not really gonna see the difference in the suspension until you start hauling ass on those Alaskan roads that's where the raptor will show its true colors over a stock 150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I drove my 1st Raptor at Carmax. Actually I drive a lot of cars at Carmax. There's no pressure to buy at Carmax and you can check their inventory online.

This actually a really good idea...

Carmax has 18 Raptors across the country... is one near you?

18 Raptors Found

I bought my Raptor from Carmax in Oxnard, CA last November. It had 11,700 miles and was only driven to church by a little old lady. Great deal...

Until I found the road she drove every Sunday...

6a013485b0646f970c0133f2f5dbf5970b-800wi.jpg

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another perspective....sorta. So, if your folks have a truck and you've put some in-town and highway miles on it, you already know the upsides and downsides of a truck. Mine is a daily driver and most of it's life it's been on-road. Now, having said that, much of the time is slogging through snow/ice here in Michigan, which the Raptor eats for lunch. The highway miles in the Raptor are better than any other truck I've owned, hands down (and I've owned quite a few). The Raptor has a phenomenal ride quality both for the driver and passengers. Long haul? You bet. We drive 13 hours, one way to our favorite lake/cabin and the the only car we've liked better for the haul is a BMW 7-series, but it didn't have nearly the space to stretch out or for gear. If the positives outweigh the negatives of owning a truck, I'm not aware of any other truck out there that compares to the F150 Raptor out of the box in it's class, and resale value proves my point. If you can't swallow a truck, you'll end up hating the Raptor. If you want a full size light duty truck, there is nothing in the space to compare a Raptor to, except the new Raptor. Also, I have an EB in my Taurus SHO and it's an incredible engine for hp and torque. It should also improve MPG by a couple but don't expect over 16-18, which is what I get in the Taurus....of course, my foot-feed only works in the on/off position....the thing is a rocket.