Don't know what to do. Buy a 1st gen or wait for the 2nd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the prices people want for the 1st gen now, I would just wait for the new one.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to say that a stnadard F-150 does not feel anything like a Raptor! The Raptor is actually fun to drive... Find someone with a Raptor and ask to drive it, then compare that to a standard F-150. You will have no doubts after that.

I agree with Hap. I went from a F-150 to the Raptor and I don't think I could ever go back. The driving experience is night and day. I say get a Gen 1 if you drive one and like it. There's nothing like the sound of the V8 in my opinion.

OP
OP
L

Loso

Reaction score
Thanx for the response. I have driven trucks before. My parents have a truck. I just listened to how a Eco Boost sounds on youtube and that is not what I would want in sound of a truck that is so bad ass. I listened to the 6.2l sound and man... That is a nice sound. i'm looking at colors now. I really like the White. Either way I would get a wrap. So color really doesn't matter I guess. I have talked to other truck guys and there are alot of people the hate the Raptor lol. Maybe they just cant afford one I don't know. Thinking My main thing is I'm not really a offroad type of guy. I live in Alaska so I will be doing alot of camping and fishing so the most off roading will be dirt roads to go do those things. Anyone just use it as a daily Driver? One guy said if I dont go off road then there's no point of buying one. Waste of money. Then again my wants are more then my needs....

OP
OP
L

Loso

Reaction score
I'm still going to put some more thought into it. I do love your raptor. Btw... I have a house in Vegas. Off the 215 & N Decatur. When i fully decide I'll contact you.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know where their is a terrain in nc for sale in nc. 14 for 48k I think. If you rent a f150 you need to drive a raptor after you drive the f150. Their is a night and day difference especially off road. I drive mine everyday and it is well modded. I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shiiiiiiiit!!! Don't wait. Go test drive one. Buy it. These Gen 1's are priced as good as they're going to get. I've drove a F150 for a long time, and always saw 1 or 2 of these driving around. Never knew what the big deal was. Drove a used one at the dealership ONCE. Went inside and ordered one. Same day.

Get off the fence. Nothing cooler on the road as far as a truck goes. Worry about gas mileage, maintenance, and how to drive it later. This is the best truck I have ever owned, and hope it lasts forever, because I don't know what to go to next.

Plus, for the most part, this FRF community is a great bunch of guys that will help you figure out what a badass truck these things really are.

Good Luck. Get 'er done!!!!

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking My main thing is I'm not really a offroad type of guy. I live in Alaska so I will be doing alot of camping and fishing so the most off roading will be dirt roads to go do those things. Anyone just use it as a daily Driver? One guy said if I dont go off road then there's no point of buying one. Waste of money. Then again my wants are more then my needs....

It's my daily driver and i wouldn't have it any other way.....do I off road it? Nope...do I drive down dirt, gravel and snow/ice covered roads way faster than I should...yup and smiling all the way....money well spent...lol.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wait personally (but that's because new is almost always better) sounds like production will be high enough that you could easily pick one up and if you don't like it you can trade it in for a low mileage v8. And don't forget that some have said to expect a v8 Eco (Eco beast) in the next model year. You can save money for mods for the next 3 years.

Yeah right..

ps My brother will readily out drive me in his stock Eco f150 and is proud of that. This new motor will be fast as a scalded dog, watch. Matched with the new diff + trans and paddles? What more could you want? External speakers playing v8 revs?

Resist the urge and wait, remember these are depreciating assets and it only gets worse. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat, figuratively speaking.

Last edited:

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with all above responses.

I like the V8 in gen 1, very badass. I got asked all the time about the engine. I imagine how embarrassing it would be to say the engine is V6 if I have gen 2.

But I am drooling over the electronics and aluminum body in gen 2. And as @MatMan said, "new is almost always better."

Good luck with your decision.