Dogs and noise canceling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to hear from anyone who has a dog and their experiences with the noise canceling. I have a 6yr old Doberman who goes everywhere with me when I’m out of work. He loved my 14 but is very hesitant to get in the 18, sometimes he sits down and refuses to get in the new truck. It’s the same color and size as my Gen1. I have the 802a with the BO system. I am in the process of finding out what I need and how to use forscan to turn the noise canceling function off, I think it’s messing with my sidekick. Feedback please

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
He's probably pissed you won't let him drive.

I always wondered if turbos were like dog whistles sound wise, to some extent, not saying that's it. I hope you figure it out.

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only have just shy of 700 miles on it. I haven’t gassed it yet, been taking it easy for break in. Turbos haven’t been spooled up yet and haven’t put any load on the motor. Can’t imagine he is bothered by turbo noise as I have a 04 sti with full exhaust and intake, it’s very loud.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I'm sure it's not the turbos or this would be a known issue with other cars, just one of those dumb things that crosses my mind at times. Can't even hear mine unless the window is all the way down.

I don't let the dog ride with me, but my wife does, in her ecodiesel ram. The filthy beast has no complaints (dog not wife).

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doberman security system works great. No one parks near you and some cross the street to keep a safe distance. He doesn’t bark either.
Back on topic.... I was wondering if the system puts out frequencies we can’t hear that hurt his ears?

SnowDawg

Reaction score
My dogs haven't shown any issues. Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable with the change, new seats/smells ect. Maybe try having the truck off and getting him in it to get comfortable and see how he reacts. Don't turn the truck on or any noise. Do that a few times over some days and then see if you can turn it on later.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 1/2 yo GSD who loves to ride in my Gen 2. He particularly seems to enjoy looking up and seeing the sky with the sunshade open.

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for posting your experiences. Maybe he is embarrassed by the lack of the stainless works V8 rumble. I couldn’t take how quite it was either, installed the corse x pipe. Now I can actually hear what the motor is doing, well at least a little.