Dogs and noise canceling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doberman security system works great. No one parks near you and some cross the street to keep a safe distance. He doesn’t bark either.
Back on topic.... I was wondering if the system puts out frequencies we can’t hear that hurt his ears?

I get the same response with my 100 lb pit. He rides with me with no issues so I dont think its bothering him. Seats up and blanket down and he has a ton of space back there.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Our G/R loves the Gen 2 Rap. Not most cars though, he hates climbing into normal “peasant” car back seat areas. He likes a little runway though, so he can get a running start if possible.

I noticed your dog liked the G1, a 2014. How long ago and how old is the dog? This may be his way of telling you - hey, what am I 2? gimme a lift already...

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 40k in the truck with two dogs that have been in it for 30 of those 40k (Golden Retriever and Border Collie). No problems. Although the Golden has seen about 10 cars in his lifetime so far, so he's used to change.

Try giving him a bunch of treats, and pet him and baby talk his ass up in the back? lol

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is pretty obvious. Your puppy wants his Gen1 back! And who could blame him?!? :)

Seriously though... Could it be a smell issue rather than a hearing issue? New cars off-gas a lot in the first year from all the new plastic and glue/adhesive they pack into the cabs. That might be another point to investigate.

<cliff clavin>
Dogs' sense of smell overpowers our own by orders of magnitude—it's 10,000 to 100,000 times as acute, scientists say. "Let's suppose they're just 10,000 times better; If you make the analogy to vision, what you and I can see at a third of a mile, a dog could see more than 3,000 miles away and still see as well."​
</cliff clavin>

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My chocolate lab doesn't mind riding in my '18. If anything she likes getting in it better compared to some of the other trucks I normally drive thanks to the large running boards and folding rear seat!

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our G/R loves the Gen 2 Rap. Not most cars though, he hates climbing into normal “peasant” car back seat areas. He likes a little runway though, so he can get a running start if possible.

I noticed your dog liked the G1, a 2014. How long ago and how old is the dog? This may be his way of telling you - hey, what am I 2? gimme a lift already...
He is a 105lb Doberman that is 6yrs old. He was almost full grown when I got the 14 in November 13.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
He is a 105lb Doberman that is 6yrs old. He was almost full grown when I got the 14 in November 13.

105 is not exactly svelte for a dobe. is he getting around ok otherwise? Even if he’s chiseled, try to get his weight down. Even 5 pounds is enough to make a difference on a dog.

I can still remember the look on my first Golden’s face when he couldn’t make a leap into the car and had to “ask” for help. You could see in his face he wanted to do it, but he knew it would hurt. I hope your Dobe is able to thoroughly enjoy all that Raptor back seat area room. Our dog loves it.