Does your pipes look like piece of s*%#?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HGguy

Reaction score
Scotchbrite, wipe with alcohol, mask, paint, done.

Did the tips on my '13 and they look great still after a few thousand miles. They are right behind the tire too. If they get ****** up, I'll do it again.

I use this paint https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZFKX8B/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Works good on the rusty hitch, shackles, springs and any faded plastic parts like the trailer plug housing too.

Yea. Looks like I should have read this on a little closer. So, just like EricM says here.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My exhaust tips look pretty good considering they've been through 2 Maine winters and 31K miles. No paint has flaked off yet. They don't look matte/satin black anymore they look flat black.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or repaint with a high heat/bbq spray
I would try an oil or WD40 with a nylon brush to see if the flat black comesback. Maybe some gun cleaner/oil if you got it.

Or repaint with a high heat/bbq spray bomb.
I used WD40 and the exhaust looks better than before. I was actually very surprised with the results. I also used WD40 the corrosion preventer on the black screws on the wheels. It worked very well too. Thank you for your recommendation.