Does your pipes look like piece of s*%#?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7E4C2A45-E7B1-45C0-9432-BD46B411EDA7.jpeg My stock tail pipes TIPS on my raptor 2019 already look like trash. The black metal its made from is changing color to brown and ford saying it’s normal. Normal or not it looks bad and the car has only few motnths. I was gonna go with borla black chrome tail pipes part# 60640 bc... anyone has pictures? And how durable are they?

I already got xpipes with mid pipe from borla but I really liked the stock tail pipes so I left them alone. Now they always look dirty no matter how good I clean or polish them.

Last edited:

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock tail pipes on my raptor 2019 already looking like a garbage. The metal its made from is changing color to brown and ford saying it’s normal. Normal or not it looks like trash and the car has only few motnths. I was gonna go with borla black chrome tail pipes... anyone has pictures? And how durable are they?

Are you talking about the magnetic exhaust tips or the entire tailpipe?

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned mine yesterday and they look terrible as well. Scrubbed them with a pad, no luck. It's like the dirt is baking into them.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is new (< 250 miles), so I can't comment specifically. But hypothetically, if that happens to mine, I'll just replace them. Fortunately tailpipe tips are pretty inexpensive.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is new (< 250 miles), so I can't comment specifically. But hypothetically, if that happens to mine, I'll just replace them. Fortunately tailpipe tips are pretty inexpensive.
The tips no. U can buy them for 40 bucks on eBay but to put them on u have to cut the stock tips... no thank u

Congrats on your truck!!!

texrun38

Reaction score
For what it's worth, as a data point, my 2017 Avalanche Screw (though I think most Gen 2s have that same magnetic/grayish bumper and tips color), when clean, still looks like they did new in August of 2017. Granted, I live in San Antonio, so no snow/salt, etc. I do spend the summers in Colorado and it's been on many parts of the Alpine Loop, but again, not 'thrashing it', so the tail pipes haven't taken any real hits. I know that doesn't help your particular situation, so take it simply as a data point. Now, if you live in Texas as well (or anywhere else not prone to snow/salty roads), then I've got nothing...

Sorry yours are looking bad.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY 17 LEFT PIPE LOOKS LIKE NEW .RIGHT ONE LOOKS LIKE SHIT.LOOKED AT NEW 18 AND 19 ON LOT RIGHT PIPE BAD.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Who cares, except for Jake, who will have the only view of your tail pipes :)

Chrome exhaust tips... on an off road oriented truck?

You can buy sandpaper, a harbor freight sand blaster, and media for $80, and your finish of choice for whatever you choose to pay. My buddy uses hi temp Rustoleum black on his rifle suppressors, and that would probably work ok for this application. he got a gallon for something like 12 bucks.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth, as a data point, my 2017 Avalanche Screw (though I think most Gen 2s have that same magnetic/grayish bumper and tips color), when clean, still looks like they did new in August of 2017. Granted, I live in San Antonio, so no snow/salt, etc. I do spend the summers in Colorado and it's been on many parts of the Alpine Loop, but again, not 'thrashing it', so the tail pipes haven't taken any real hits. I know that doesn't help your particular situation, so take it simply as a data point. Now, if you live in Texas as well (or anywhere else not prone to snow/salty roads), then I've got nothing...

Sorry yours are looking bad.

In the southeast, my 2017's still look new too. Maybe since avalanche is the best color, Ford put extra special exhaust tips on them.