Does anyone use Water Treatment Systems for washing your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a Reverse Osmosis unit to fill an 86 gallon retention tank that feeds an inline booster pump that supply’s the hose Bibb closest to my garage. I usually just use the RO water to rinse. I wash with my softened water. Even softened water will spot terribly due to TDS( Total Dissolved Solids). A softener simply removes one solid , calcium, and replaces it with another. I use the Milwaukee leaf blower to remove the water and then use detailer spray and microfiber towel to polish the vehicle. Pretty pointless with the current pollen situation.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpeg
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 6

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
So I bought The "Spotless Water System"...I don't really see that much difference...maybe my water wasn't that bad to start with...maybe I am doing something wrong...I wouldn't buy it again...My son said "dang Dad your truck must be awful special if you bought all that just to rinse"......LOL...guess I bumped my head

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NinjaRaptor, does it really reduce water spots that much? If so, how many washes do you think you get out of it?

Sorry I originally linked the wrong filter in my post I edit it. You want a deionized inline filter.

it does help and when i say help, it is because all my cars have a ceramic or graphene protection on the paint and I just use a leaf blower to dry and then I do spray wax again and i have no spots.

This may not be worth it but it is a good to try. You will probably get 4 to 5 washes out of it? Use it on final rinse. I plan to get a real DI setup / portable one day.

That being said if your truck has some sort of paint protection you may not really need it. Just do a spray detailer wipe down (spray wax, graphene spray, etc..) and works just as good. I actually stop using this filter since my paint has some sort of protection now.

Last edited: