Does anyone use Water Treatment Systems for washing your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a five gallon bottle of distilled water and a marine grade was down pump. My leaf blower to dry it. Then Beadmaker application. All on a ceramic treated Raptor. I only hand wash once every 3 months or so. I use a touchless car was down the road for normal bi-weekly cleanings. Just wash, spotfree rinse and blow dry. No wax or anything else because it's already ceramic'd. The ceramic alone helps with spots.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the 300 gallon CR system and really enjoy it. I've got extremely hard water and I did notice that if I let the vehicle "air dry" I do still see SOME spots on the glass when it dries, but none on the paint. I'd say it still leaves about 10% of the minerals left - at least in my application. It's lightyears better than using standard tap water though...

My truck has the Xpel ceramic coating which helps a bit too.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you with the system, are you just using for rinse at the end? If so, how often are you washing your truck and how long does the resin last you?

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My water is liquid minerals from my deep well. I get stained taking a shower :p, if I have water running out of my hose in the yard, the truck gets spots. I installed an iron remover and softener and filter. Much cheaper having whole house system attached to a “clean spigot” than using speciality filters. The system is autonomous so it back flushes and regenerates at will.

mattio

Reaction score
id probably get a whole home water softener system before I went with deionizer kit... just way more benefits for your home as a whole and washing your truck to boot.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems as if I’m always late to the party and this topic has been beaten like a govt mule, but I’ll add my five cents.

For years I washed my own cars/trucks. In fact, I probably bought 5 different ladders and platforms until I found the best to reach the roof of the Raptor without killing myself. And no, with the Diamondback cover, one cannot easily, if at all, stand in the bed to reach it. But I digress.

First, if you haven’t, and I have zero connection, check out obsessedgarage.com for everything detailing. And by that I mean custom stainless steel braided bucket fillers, etc.

As for water, I have a 450 ft well and it’s hard, kinda like a certain body part of mine used to be more often. People here who poo-poo water spots and say just wash it must be looking thru rose colored glasses. Once you get water spots, they are a beeyatch to remove. And they will be all over.

I have a whole house softener and if I wash in the sun, or even close to sun, it will still leave spots if I don’t use my metro blaster or leaf blower and dry it quicker than @Oldfart drops a load in a poor sheep.

I’ve always considered one of those things filled with resin, but I finally decided to stop spending a fortune in detail supplies (yes, I have a Kranzle, etc) and I now go once a month to a good hand wash, spend 50 bucks, and they make it look new, especially the inside. They use high pressure air inside, then vacuum, etc. Well worth it to me.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
I am ready to try it...Is this the same as the commercial car wash bays when you select "spot free rinse"?....because that works very well....just rinse off and drive home....99% spot free ....unbelievable or is this different....can the spot free rinse be achieved like the car bay water by adding something?.....What happened to CoronoRaptor?....I miss him and his input.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am ready to try it...Is this the same as the commercial car wash bays when you select "spot free rinse"?....because that works very well....just rinse off and drive home....99% spot free ....unbelievable or is this different....can the spot free rinse be achieved like the car bay water by adding something?.....What happened to CoronoRaptor?....I miss him and his input.