sad news regarding corona raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt want to post in the other thread regarding corona raptor since it was derailed in typical frf fashion. however he would probably have roasted me from the grave for making a second thread.....

i reached out to jim to check in on him, and i received a response from jims family. jim unfortunatly passed away june 27th from a gunshot wound. his final day on earth and he spent it mostly here on this forum. just goes to show how much he loved raptors, and even more so, the people of this community. while i dont know details as to what happened, i made it clear to his family that they are not alone in mourning the loss of jim. i offered to help in any way i can and if they need any sort of financial assistance for his final expenses, that i would use my frf influence to do whatever i could to make it happen.

i have known him for 10 years through this foum. from when we were both rookies at raptor stuff, to becoming somewhat of raptor experts over this last decade. from his obnoxious random posts, to his special sense of humor, no matter what he said or did, when it came down to it, he was an OG at heart and would dare not miss the opportunity to help a fellow member out. for those of you that knew him on a more personal level, you know how much he enjoyed wrenching on his sons vehicle, spending time with his dog at the lake, and posting on frf. him and i talked on a more personal level. making plans for when he was taking his road trip south to arguing about who picks up the beer tab, to charging him rent to park his rig here for the night as he was going to pass through. this joyful banter and the ability to have a friend with a sense of humor like his, is what i remember and will miss the most. its simply amazing how things change so quickly, sometimes for the better, and in this unfortunate case, the worse. but as long as the time you have is spent with friends and family and enjoying life, hopefully there will be no regrets. you will be missed jim, I WILL MISS YOU. and it appears you won our argument..... for now. the frf community will always love you, and love your contribution here. may you now be my raptor guardian angel.Screenshot_2022-07-18-04-30-16-13_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Last edited:

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad to hear, I haven't been on this forum as long as others but I really appreciated his sense of humor and great advice. Getting a response from him was what made me feel welcomed here. I always appreciated his humor and banter on here. I'm sure he was a delight in person even moreso, he will be missed.