Does anyone use Water Treatment Systems for washing your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Hagasan41. would you be able/willing to guesstimate cost of resin replacement, and about how many wash/rinse engagements you’re able to get?

I am not going to lie, I hate washing Lucille. She’s a little, how do I say this... “big framed”. If this can cut out the need to blow dry, I’m moving this purchase up on the priority list.
LOL... ok bare with me as I try to best illustrate my experience with the CR Spotless system. I have the DIW-20 which the company claims has the ability to produce 300 gallons of de-ionized and mineral free water. I use a pressure washer with a 40 or 25 degree nozzle and only use the de-ionized water as the final rinse which lasts me 9-12 months doing weekly to bi-weekly washes on 4 vehicles. According to my TDS water meter the water coming out of the faucet is 154PP and for comparison, It's 116PPM out of the fridge. On average 40-70 spot free rinses (0PPM) is what I've seen over the 8-9 yrs I've been using the system. This includes the heavy use during love bug season in April/May and again in August/September. I gone as high as 12PPM but noticed a few spots so now I change the resin at <12PPM.

The $130 bucks I spend on the resin is worth it to me.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions @smurfslayer

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to start my house soon because I sure do miss my garage. This time I intend to have a dedicated water lines, wall mounted wash system, mini split and possibly a 19 gallon hot water heater. The CR spotless system is great as long as you only use it for final rinse.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
LOL... <merciful snippage> On average 40-70 spot free rinses (0PPM) is what I've seen over the 8-9 yrs I've been using the system. This includes the heavy use during love bug season in April/May and again in August/September. I gone as high as 12PPM but noticed a few spots so now I change the resin at <12PPM.

The $130 bucks I spend on the resin is worth it to me.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions @smurfslayer

You’re just trying to get me to spend more money on my Raptor :p
In all seriousness, yes that does help quite a bit and thanks !

AUGAH

Reaction score
This is what I use; best single item I have bought in a long time. Use on my motor home, motorcycles, car, and truck. Wash and rinse in the Florida sun, no more towel drying or fighting water spots for me.

Attachments

• CAD89AD3-0964-45BB-8D89-912F566B7A78.png
    CAD89AD3-0964-45BB-8D89-912F566B7A78.png
    589 KB · Views: 48

raptor556

Reaction score
I think it's a solution in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

Wash your truck using whatever water you want. then dry it off.

done

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's a solution in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

Wash your truck using whatever water you want. then dry it off.

done

Not sure what part of Texas you live it or what color your truck is, but for me, it's not just a matter of wanting to dry it off or not, but having the time to dry before the water evaporates and leaves water spots.

Even in March, I can't really wash the truck outside between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM. The water will evaporate way too fast. When I wash in the morning, I have to dry the south/east side first, facing the sun, because I have around a minute and half before it evaporates off that black paint. When I wash in the evening, it's the opposite side first. Many times I end up using the damp drying towel to wipe off spots, which is great way to get swirl marks.

It sure would be nice to be able to wash anytime of the day, without any concern for water spots, swirling, etc. The main reason I don't have this is that my truck is already relatively old, and I can't garage the truck. But if I could, this would be a great idea.

raptor556

Reaction score
Not sure what part of Texas you live it or what color your truck is, but for me, it's not just a matter of wanting to dry it off or not, but having the time to dry before the water evaporates and leaves water spots.

Even in March, I can't really wash the truck outside between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM. The water will evaporate way too fast. When I wash in the morning, I have to dry the south/east side first, facing the sun, because I have around a minute and half before it evaporates off that black paint. When I wash in the evening, it's the opposite side first. Many times I end up using the damp drying towel to wipe off spots, which is great way to get swirl marks.

It sure would be nice to be able to wash anytime of the day, without any concern for water spots, swirling, etc. The main reason I don't have this is that my truck is already relatively old, and I can't garage the truck. But if I could, this would be a great idea.

The part of Texas with extremely hard water.

I guess if you don't have a choice and have to wash in the sun. Or wash early or much later in the day then a system like that can make sense.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
If I could / can cut out the mandatory drying, I’d save probably 45 minutes oof my wash/dry/wax routine. That would be worth it to me.

rickeyt

Reaction score
Best detailing product I ever purchased in my opinion. That’s right behind my foam canon. Both help speed up the washing process.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Best detailing product I ever purchased in my opinion. That’s right behind my foam canon. Both help speed up the washing process.
Now you’re just taunting me and daring me to spend even more money...