Dodge to discontinue V8 Hellcat (TRX), What does that mean for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in getting rid of my v8 vehicles but I would be interested in an EV for sure. 30 - 50 years, bro, you're smoking crack, lol. You better get rid of Biden and get Trump back in office if you want that to be true, even so, we are out numbered by people who think different. EV's are coming and the sooner you get on board with that idea, the less crying you will do later on. Don't take this as being harsh, I'm laughing, it's just the internet. :favorites37:
The problem with EVs, is that they don't get the range of the combustion engine, not to mention the infrastructure isn't all there yet. It may be fine to go around city, but not in all other places. Also remember this, once you put an EV on the highway, you will not get the range they advertised. Look it up.. We're not even close to any real solution. And thats not even getting into battery replacement and allocation and serviceability. Not to may shops will be able to service these new EVs

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The problem with EVs, is that they don't get the range of the combustion engine, not to mention the infrastructure isn't all there yet. It may be fine to go around city, but not in all other places. Also remember this, once you put an EV on the highway, you will not get the range they advertised. Look it up.. We're not even close to any real solution. And thats not even getting into battery replacement and allocation and serviceability. Not to may shops will be able to service these new EVs

But this would at least temporarily solve too many vehicles on the road. We’re already seeing city plans to eliminate cars in town, HOV lanes to discourage individual usage, HOT lanes charging you more to use them at certain times. All of these and more plans are to discourage the citizenry from private vehicle use.

Mandating a conversion to EVs will accomplish many goals for most governments in the US
- cost prohibitive for some people to even purchase them.
- range not there for rural commuters
- not enough charging infrastructure to facilitate shorter range
- not enough power generation to facilitate widespread EV use
etc.

So how will these governments get by?
Go to uncle Sam and cry the blues about EVs bankrupting them. CA will be first, as they’re the most aggressive regime attempting to stuff EV’s down everyone’s craw. With 55(?) electoral votes, they’re getting what they want, even if they have to wait a Congress or 2 to get it. They only need a 1 vote majority in either house. Once it passes and get’s signed, All of the 49 other states will be paying for CA’s EV infrastructure. Other states, seeing the EV windfall will jump on board.

But in the mean time, all those who couldn’t afford the conversion or EV’s were too inconvenient, they will be punished with public transport or moving vouchers.

It’s a shame about the big V8’s but the writing’s been on the wall for a while now. It’s not that they’re killing the environment, it’s that the government doesn’t like them.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so with my tin foil hat on I can see the future.
Power and control, that is the end game. You think they will stop at EV's, that is just the beginning, they are going to tax you if you use too much power or Natural gas in your home. you will get a monthly allotment and if you go over, they will fine you for it on top of having to pay a higher rate for the overage. Getting us all into EV's is just the start, you will conform or become a second-class citizen made to use the old roads and pay higher taxes.
We need a grown up in charge that can allow both avenues to run side by side, a balance will allow the consumer to decide. VHS or Beta? Beta was a better designed tape but the marketing of VHS won the day. hmmmm.....

NWAnik

Reaction score
I fairly recently was a powertrain engine industrial engineer for FCA (Now Stellantis). I travelled around to all the engine plants nearly 100% of the time. The 5.7, 6.2, 6.4 are all made on a very outdated transfer line in Saltillo MX that was stood up back when the 5.7 was introduced. Obviously works, but creates a lot of waste if you look into how transfer lines conceptually work. I had a feeling they will be moving away from this sooner than later, but I doubt they will until after 2026 considering the new Grand Wagoneer, Grand Cherokee L, etc that utilize the 5.7 and 6.4 and weren’t designed for electrification. I bet the TRX with the current powertrain will stick around until near the end of the current Gen Ram. I know 2024 will be a “big” year for Stellantis… lots of electrification. That’s my 2 cents.

Panaraptor

Reaction score
Resale in 10 years when the battery is dead or dying I am sure will affect resale value. Gone will be days of barn finds that start right up.
Resale of EV’s is horrible already. If EV’s really take off, everyone will be buying new. Something I’ve never yet done.

Panaraptor

Reaction score
It's even worse if you have a travel trailer, how are you suppose to keep your trailer batteries charged while driving to and from your campsite, most people travel more than 4 hours each way, all my food would be rotten in the fridge. I used to travel 10 hours each way to camp in the dunes, couldn't do that with these EV trucks coming on the market. Might make it 2 hours tops and then everything would be dead.
Yeah and just pulling a trailer halves your range on a EV.

Panaraptor

Reaction score
The tech is cool but it does look hideous to me. And there are so many gimmicks that’ll fail on that truck. For example, you need to use the touch screen to change the direction of air flow from the vents. Just imagine how worn out that touch screen will be after 10 years of use. And of course you can’t have wet or dirty fingers to use it.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resale of EV’s is horrible already. If EV’s really take off, everyone will be buying new. Something I’ve never yet done.
Most people currently selling their Tesla are getting close or above what they paid for a couple years back and it looks like it will last for quite a while.
I think that we’ll just live in a world with both options living side by side. Nothing wrong with that.