Been waiting for a V8 Raptor since 2015. Sucks about Raptor R's fate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
No drama, just disappointment... materials and design are top notch and quality is where the TRX falls very short of the Ford product. Besides feeling 8000lbs heavier, the factory "forgot" to put the bolt and nut in to hold the 5th shock absorber in, and it came down and tore up the driveshaft. And you know the wire harness that runs up and down the frame rails? Well, they "forgot" to secure that as well. Then there was the missing hardware to hold my front suspension to the truck. 1/2 the nuts were missing on the FL strut tower. Yikes... I had enough and when the local Porsche dealer offered $30k more than I paid, I threw them the keys!
Wow, you got a mess of a TRX for sure!

There‘s a PDF over on the TRX Forum of early known issues. My dealer went through the whole list before giving me the keys. To be fair, a lot of the list could be prevented by a good PDI by the dealership, but I see how your issues soured your experience.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Wow, you got a mess of a TRX for sure!

There‘s a PDF over on the TRX Forum of early known issues. My dealer went through the whole list before giving me the keys. To be fair, a lot of the list could be prevented by a good PDI by the dealership, but I see how your issues soured your experience.
Yep all these were documented issues, but how could I be so rude as to ask a dealer to do their job correctly??? I still like RAM products (I use a Cummins powered 3500 to tow) but the factory obviously rushed the early TRXs out the door.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Yep all these were documented issues, but how could I be so rude as to ask a dealer to do their job correctly??? I still like RAM products (I use a Cummins powered 3500 to tow) but the factory obviously rushed the early TRXs out the door.
You're not wrong. Some of the early TRX's had issues for sure. If I was you I'm sure I'd feel the same way.

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL...the 3.5 EB v6 is better than the Ford V8 in every measurable category..... your loss.

Even if they actually make a Raptor "ARE" ...... the cost + ADM + collector car mark up will make it a $150,000 truck version of a GT40. I doubt many on this board have that kind of bank.

With exception of 0-100 pulls on pavement. The gen 2 and Gen 3 raptor are better than the Dodge. All the extra HP the dodge has is just making up for the extra 2,000 pounds that truck has to carry around.
Oh.. I would take a Coyote or an Aluminator in a Raptor all day long. Don't get me wrong, love my Ecoboost.. but to play with one of those in the Truck would be fun... and not sure the weight would kill it's performance.

And agree with you vs the assRAM... They need to do a quality test on a Baja course...So tired of TRX's pulling up on me...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They can't announce it's fate because there's so many people thinking it will come to fruition, that will in turn order a TRX not a gen 3 raptor, should the Raptor R be announced dead.

I can still see a release similar to Bronco R for an obscene price and extremely limited quantity so Ford can say they didn't drop the ball, while simultaneously not delivering.

Did they announce a Bronco Raptor R or are you going off what the teased a year ago with that Baja Bronco Raptor R.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they announce a Bronco Raptor R or are you going off what the teased a year ago with that Baja Bronco Raptor R.
Bronco DR is what I was referring to but forgot the name designation.