Been waiting for a V8 Raptor since 2015. Sucks about Raptor R's fate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johndeere99

Reaction score
Same here… been waiting since 2017 when I get my first gen 2. Traded it for a profit after 40k miles for a TRX (big mistake) and then jumped into another gen 2 just to carry my to the Raptor R. The R got pushed out at least a year so I got a gen 3…. I’m seeing a pattern here… Hopefully the R comes in Q3 2022!
You've got more faith than a catholic nun! But that's a good thing, I hope they get around to making the R too.
But I have no Faith.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the R wont make it;

Someone do something about it... give us a $8-15,000k option to upgrade the Gen2 with a v8 platform that can produce 700RWHP.

And thanks, before my ducking tranny goes. I can feel the issues in 5th and 6th already.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
been waiting since 2017 when I get my first gen 2. Traded it for a profit after 40k miles for a TRX (big mistake) and then jumped into another gen 2 just to carry my to the Raptor R

If it’s not too much drama, why was the TRX a mistake?

Mars911red

Reaction score

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how true any of those reasons are, but I have been waiting for a new V8 Raptor since 2015. After I heard that the 2nd gen was coming with a 3.5L EB, I went with a 2018 F150 to hold me over till a V8 Raptor came along.

LOL...the 3.5 EB v6 is better than the Ford V8 in every measurable category..... your loss.

Even if they actually make a Raptor "ARE" ...... the cost + ADM + collector car mark up will make it a $150,000 truck version of a GT40. I doubt many on this board have that kind of bank.

With exception of 0-100 pulls on pavement. The gen 2 and Gen 3 raptor are better than the Dodge. All the extra HP the dodge has is just making up for the extra 2,000 pounds that truck has to carry around.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
If it’s not too much drama, why was the TRX a mistake?
No drama, just disappointment... materials and design are top notch and quality is where the TRX falls very short of the Ford product. Besides feeling 8000lbs heavier, the factory "forgot" to put the bolt and nut in to hold the 5th shock absorber in, and it came down and tore up the driveshaft. And you know the wire harness that runs up and down the frame rails? Well, they "forgot" to secure that as well. Then there was the missing hardware to hold my front suspension to the truck. 1/2 the nuts were missing on the FL strut tower. Yikes... I had enough and when the local Porsche dealer offered $30k more than I paid, I threw them the keys!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sorry that happened, but glad you made lemonade out the lemons so to speak.

Still... all that heartache might be worth it if you can get the truck WITHOUT A MOONROOF. Just sayin’

;-)

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL...the 3.5 EB v6 is better than the Ford V8 in every measurable category..... your loss.

Even if they actually make a Raptor "ARE" ...... the cost + ADM + collector car mark up will make it a $150,000 truck version of a GT40. I doubt many on this board have that kind of bank.

With exception of 0-100 pulls on pavement. The gen 2 and Gen 3 raptor are better than the Dodge. All the extra HP the dodge has is just making up for the extra 2,000 pounds that truck has to carry around.
I agree completely. I love how nimble the Raptor feels. TRX is cool, but I'll stick with the OG with over a decade of R&D behind it.

Edit: The Rap also looks a hell of a lot better. This is not subjective, but factual. So it can't be disputed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts