Discovered the BEST sounding exhaust for this truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only V6 that sounds awesome is a Nissan GTR, next would be stock Raptor exhaust because they did a good job on it. Lol

I remember a video from Ford about how they spent a bunch of time tuning the exhaust sound on the Raptor but I can’t find it.

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much power is the divorced downpipes and exhaust worth over the normal F150 Y pipe and catback?

I'll tell you this... A lot of $ per HP gain. Money better spent on a tune and intercooler upgrade.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve changed my exhaust and I’m very happy with it. I do believe you need to change it all to get a good sound out of it. Meaning dp’s and adapters plus exhaust. I’ve heard the sound when just changed exhaust only and didn’t like it. But changing dp,exhaust and adapters maybe more than a lot are wanting to do or spend. If that is the case I would just leave it stock. I changed to larger IC and cai and tune also. Spent alittle but doing all this but I’m done with all the performance mods I wanted now. Would like the adjustable shocks but will probably just do 1.5 or 2 in in front to level it

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you this... A lot of $ per HP gain. Money better spent on a tune and intercooler upgrade.

True enough but my point was more along the lines that Ford felt the need to give the raptor a different configuration exhaust for a reason. It’s not just a different chrome tip or something. It’s a complete stand alone design which must have stemmed from something, so having said that, what could the possible performance gains be from the raptor exhaust (downpipes to tailpipes) or was it mostly to give the truck a more aggressive note? Again doesn’t make much sense as they added the fake engine noises too.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve changed my exhaust and I’m very happy with it. I do believe you need to change it all to get a good sound out of it. Meaning dp’s and adapters plus exhaust. I’ve heard the sound when just changed exhaust only and didn’t like it. But changing dp,exhaust and adapters maybe more than a lot are wanting to do or spend. If that is the case I would just leave it stock. I changed to larger IC and cai and tune also. Spent alittle but doing all this but I’m done with all the performance mods I wanted now. Would like the adjustable shocks but will probably just do 1.5 or 2 in in front to level it

This is where you will send people nuts. There is not any sound capable of being good out of this exhaust.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
60 degree V6 motors have to fire at each 120 degree rotation of the crank in order to keep the engine balanced, and this causes the exhaust to sound very different than what a V8 sounds, so if that is your reference, you will not be happy with any exhaust system, none of them will give you the same rumble because the firing cycle is different. I happen to like the sound of 1-4-2-5-3-6 firing order V6 so it doesn’t bother me, but far for me to tell you what you should like or what sounds “the best”.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im ok with it too, and I understand how the overall truck length affects it, with more testing however this can be changed to a better tone. In no hurry

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im ok with it too, and I understand how the overall truck length affects it, with more testing however this can be changed to a better tone. In no hurry

Pjones, who I normally do not agree with, I agree with his comment above. It's the firing order plus the fact it's a turbo vehicle. There's nothing a muffler can do to change this, and it's best left to stock IMO. I honestly don't know why anyone would change it because it's not bad from the factory at all. Seems like people just need to change it to change it, no matter if there's not an improvement and makes it sound worse.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, after now having the opportunity to listen to various exhaust systems for the Ecoboost Raptor- I've finally figured out what sounds best on these trucks.

First was Borla S:. Sounded raspy and somewhat like a John Deere truck accelerating. Under heavy acceleration, onlookers spoke comments of "wow he thinks he's cool" to "why does that truck sound like a Toyota Tacoma with a hole in it's muffler". Concensus is that it sounds like crap and drones.

Corsa:. Sounded good, if it was a on V6 VW Passat that had it's entire exhaust system stolen and replaced with an exhaust from a 1997 Honda Civic EX. But since it's a truck that isn't ideal. Other then the slight flaw of it sounding so terrible it could induce irregular bowell movements and gastronintestinal cramping- not a bad choice for an aftermarket exhaust system.

Stock:. sounds the best both inside and outside the truck. Did not sound ******* and crappy like after market choices.

In conclusion I recommend the stock exhaust system.

I agree.