Discovered the BEST sounding exhaust for this truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may help you understand the natural sonic characteristics of the 3.5L V6 vs the Ford V8. You may have noticed that under 3k on the Raptor, most of the exhaust systems sound pretty similar (ignoring loudness) but above that, some will try to alter the sound of this engine with varying degree of success.

https://youtu.be/qHPK2J0WTSM

Vs

https://youtu.be/YRuwp6waduk

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard a truck with a completely stock exhaust with turbo adapters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he older i get the quiter i like it, i wish i could hear nothing. I will say i am impresses with a V-6, but the sound sucks! Would rather hear nothing but my wife and radio

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he older i get the quiter i like it, i wish i could hear nothing. I will say i am impresses with a V-6, but the sound sucks! Would rather hear nothing but my wife and radio

Very true. I love absolutely everything about the truck, especially compared to a Gen 1.

But let's all be honest here.. the sound of it is it's biggest con. But... It's a con I really don't care about in the grand scheme of things, because the truck is that good overall.

Sasquatch78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where you will send people nuts. There is not any sound capable of being good out of this exhaust.

The sound of your mom grounding you for flunking 7th grade makes a honda civic with a fart can sound good!

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I may be in the minority, I still like my FP Touring. Kept the stock one in case I get old and want peace and quiet.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have downpipes and catback exhaust. The sound is ok at best. If I could change it to sound better I would. But at the end of the day I bought them for the performance gain.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best sound possible is a stock exhaust and multiple weep hopes. Need to tune the resonance via weep holeage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk