Discovered the BEST sounding exhaust for this truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moreda55

Reaction score
ha ha ha
I almost bought a Borla S before I even took delivery/flew out to get the truck...
So happy I didn't... Stock sounds great and is plenty loud when you get on it...

Last edited:

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the full afe on mine, drones, bad, so added the stock resonator, it's straight thru, soounds good. Doubt any of its worth the money.

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I love about the stock exhaust is that there is zero drone. It just sounds like a smooth wet fart cruising around and I just own it. Don't hate

HDVooDoo

Reaction score
Has anyone heard a truck with a completely stock exhaust with turbo adapters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I have on my now and the sound is no different.

Has anyone Straight Piped the exhaust, no muffler no nothing, just 3 inch from downpipes all the way out???

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Has anyone Straight Piped the exhaust, no muffler no nothing, just 3 inch from downpipes all the way out???

No. I really hope not. Do you realize how aweful and ridiculous that would sound?

I'm actually wondering what changing out the factory resonator for an aftermarket straight through one would do to the exhaust note.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be insane and not in a good way. I figure it would sounds a lot like my race cars and you wouldn't be riding around long without earplugs.

Sasquatch78

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You know what else is a bad idea?

YOU posting on the internet when you should be in school studying. Summer school is already in your reality because spend to much time on the internet.

and you are grounded from your last escapades. using the library to get to the internet doesn't mean mom doesn't find out.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I really hope not. Do you realize how aweful and ridiculous that would sound?

I'm actually wondering what changing out the factory resonator for an aftermarket straight through one would do to the exhaust note.

I attempted to install my Corsa exhaust by myself in my driveway without a lift and eventually decided to give up and seek help from a local shop. That said, I ended up driving to the shop with 100% no exhaust system on the truck and my Corsa system in the bed. Not only did the truck sound horrible, it actually didn't run very well either. It wasn't as loud as I thought it would be, but definitely not a sweet melody to the ear.