Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Discovered the BEST sounding exhaust for this truck.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by kpg81, Dec 29, 2017.

1. kpg81

kpg81 Full Access Member

So, after now having the opportunity to listen to various exhaust systems for the Ecoboost Raptor- I've finally figured out what sounds best on these trucks.

First was Borla S:. Sounded raspy and somewhat like a John Deere truck accelerating. Under heavy acceleration, onlookers spoke comments of "wow he thinks he's cool" to "why does that truck sound like a Toyota Tacoma with a hole in it's muffler". Concensus is that it sounds like crap and drones.

Corsa:. Sounded good, if it was a on V6 VW Passat that had it's entire exhaust system stolen and replaced with an exhaust from a 1997 Honda Civic EX. But since it's a truck that isn't ideal. Other then the slight flaw of it sounding so terrible it could induce irregular bowell movements and gastronintestinal cramping- not a bad choice for an aftermarket exhaust system.

Stock:. sounds the best both inside and outside the truck. Did not sound douchey and crappy like after market choices.

In conclusion I recommend the stock exhaust system.

2. donk_316

donk_316 Full Access Member

Having said that, if anyone has a stock exhaust including downpipes for sale, I’ll take it

3. brettmess24

brettmess24 Full Access Member

Lmfao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toadster likes this.
  4. Jeff-Ohio

Jeff-Ohio Full Access Member

You know you are feeding what others refer to as a troll (MGD, Sasquatch, etc...). I can't wait for his response; it will definitely put a smile on my face.
    When you refer to Corsa, are you referring to their Sport or Xtreme exhaust? The Xtreme may not be for everybody due to the noise volume, but the sound definitely does not match your description. I went from the Corsa Sport to the Xtreme to get rid of a gas pedal vibration issue and the Xtreme comes pretty close to a wicked V8 sound in my opinion. The Sport just sounded like a slightly louder/better version of the stock exhaust.

weezy likes this.
  5. MGD

MGD Banned

Great review. It seems that ecoboost f150 owners are all coming to the same answer. Leave the exhaust alone.

0-60 freak and OPT PRIME like this.
  6. k-rub

k-rub Full Access Member

Shaddup Sasquatch

Dredlin, fx4210 and Micha like this.
  7. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wait....

You didn’t post videos of flowmaster mufflers or walker as quiet series.

Can you please add those for effect?

Thanks

Micha likes this.
  8. Quick

Quick Full Access Member

My truck had the ford performance on it, which sounded good. Was extremely similar to the stock tone, with just a little more volume.

I agree about the raspy nature of exhausts that aren’t well tuned. It doesn’t sound like a truck, or at least not what you’d expect. The FP was the best compromise, I thought.

After putting it on, however, I probably wouldn’t spend the money on it again. It wasn’t a $2k improvement...

MGD and kpg81 like this.
  9. Heelfan1

Heelfan1 Full Access Member

For a V6i think ford did a good job with the exhaust on these trucks. Everyone has their own opinion on what sounds good but imo V6’s are very difficult to get to sound good. Hell a V8 I could be happy with 3 or 4 different set ups and all would sound ok, but a v6 is a totally different animal. I would hate to drop 1k to 2k on an exhaust and not like it. Personally I’m sticking with stock.

kpg81 and MGD like this.
  10. donk_316

donk_316 Full Access Member

How much power is the divorced downpipes and exhaust worth over the normal F150 Y pipe and catback?