Discovered the BEST sounding exhaust for this truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after now having the opportunity to listen to various exhaust systems for the Ecoboost Raptor- I've finally figured out what sounds best on these trucks.

First was Borla S:. Sounded raspy and somewhat like a John Deere truck accelerating. Under heavy acceleration, onlookers spoke comments of "wow he thinks he's cool" to "why does that truck sound like a Toyota Tacoma with a hole in it's muffler". Concensus is that it sounds like crap and drones.

Corsa:. Sounded good, if it was a on V6 VW Passat that had it's entire exhaust system stolen and replaced with an exhaust from a 1997 Honda Civic EX. But since it's a truck that isn't ideal. Other then the slight flaw of it sounding so terrible it could induce irregular bowell movements and gastronintestinal cramping- not a bad choice for an aftermarket exhaust system.

Stock:. sounds the best both inside and outside the truck. Did not sound ******* and crappy like after market choices.

In conclusion I recommend the stock exhaust system.

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having said that, if anyone has a stock exhaust including downpipes for sale, I’ll take it

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after now having the opportunity to listen to various exhaust systems for the Ecoboost Raptor- I've finally figured out what sounds best on these trucks.

First was Borla S:. Sounded raspy and somewhat like a John Deere truck accelerating. Under heavy acceleration, onlookers spoke comments of "wow he thinks he's cool" to "why does that truck sound like a Toyota Tacoma with a hole in it's muffler". Concensus is that it sounds like crap and drones.

Corsa:. Sounded good, if it was a on V6 VW Passat that had it's entire exhaust system stolen and replaced with an exhaust from a 1997 Honda Civic EX. But since it's a truck that isn't ideal. Other then the slight flaw of it sounding so terrible it could induce irregular bowell movements and gastronintestinal cramping- not a bad choice for an aftermarket exhaust system.

Stock:. sounds the best both inside and outside the truck. Did not sound ******* and crappy like after market choices.

You know you are feeding what others refer to as a troll (MGD, Sasquatch, etc...). I can't wait for his response; it will definitely put a smile on my face.
When you refer to Corsa, are you referring to their Sport or Xtreme exhaust? The Xtreme may not be for everybody due to the noise volume, but the sound definitely does not match your description. I went from the Corsa Sport to the Xtreme to get rid of a gas pedal vibration issue and the Xtreme comes pretty close to a wicked V8 sound in my opinion. The Sport just sounded like a slightly louder/better version of the stock exhaust.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score

Great review. It seems that ecoboost f150 owners are all coming to the same answer. Leave the exhaust alone.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait....

You didn’t post videos of flowmaster mufflers or walker as quiet series.

Can you please add those for effect?

Thanks

Great review. It seems that ecoboost f150 owners are all coming to the same answer. Leave the exhaust alone.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had the ford performance on it, which sounded good. Was extremely similar to the stock tone, with just a little more volume.

I agree about the raspy nature of exhausts that aren’t well tuned. It doesn’t sound like a truck, or at least not what you’d expect. The FP was the best compromise, I thought.

After putting it on, however, I probably wouldn’t spend the money on it again. It wasn’t a $2k improvement...

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a V6i think ford did a good job with the exhaust on these trucks. Everyone has their own opinion on what sounds good but imo V6’s are very difficult to get to sound good. Hell a V8 I could be happy with 3 or 4 different set ups and all would sound ok, but a v6 is a totally different animal. I would hate to drop 1k to 2k on an exhaust and not like it. Personally I’m sticking with stock.

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much power is the divorced downpipes and exhaust worth over the normal F150 Y pipe and catback?