Differential surface rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologize if there is a thread dedicated to this already (could not find), for those that dislike the look of the rear pumpkin and the surface rust, what is the best product being used to cover/paint over the rust seen on the rear differential and rear axle?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
por15 is more a rust converter than an actual paint/protectant. If followed up w/ some HDMP should hold up for a while. I posted a new thread on undercoating options - I plan on using por15 on the front/rear axles/rear diff then painting over w/ some rustoleum industrial grade rust inhibitor paint/primer in a can. Gloss black. I will be coating everything else (aside from bare AL calipers/A-arms/spindles/skid plate - those will get cerakote MC 5100) in Amsoil HDMP should hold up for the life of the truck as long as you touch up w/ the HDMP every year or every other.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
Apologize if there is a thread dedicated to this already (could not find), for those that dislike the look of the rear pumpkin and the surface rust, what is the best product being used to cover/paint over the rust seen on the rear differential and rear axle?
There is a good thread recently...should be easy to find...good pics and comments