Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Ok so to be clear if I run the +3 with the rear shackles then I would be at the stock height? What would the net benefit be? More travel and less axle wrap? I'm totally stock currently but getting ready for adding the RPG rear bump kit and deavers. Any recommendations appreciated, I'm concerned with adding a front collar with the Torsten diff in front but am here for your infinite knowledge and recommendations. Thanks!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Ok so to be clear if I run the +3 with the rear shackles then I would be at the stock height? What would the net benefit be? More travel and less axle wrap? I'm totally stock currently but getting ready for adding the RPG rear bump kit and deavers. Any recommendations appreciated, I'm concerned with adding a front collar with the Torsten diff in front but am here for your infinite knowledge and recommendations. Thanks!

I have the +3s , SDHQ 1" drop shackles and RPG 1.5" collars right now.

The truck sits "stinkbug" by a little over 1" with no load in the bed.

I have had the springs on my truck for about 2,000 miles.

I am waiting for my RPG adjustable collars to arrive. I'm thinking that 2.5" would be the sweet spot unloaded and 2" will be the sweet spot loaded with spares, bed rack, recovery tools, etc. with the stock front bumper and IC.

I'll be doing the ADD pro bumper after i get my full race intercooler. ( its about 3 weeks out.) Between the IC and bumper, I'll drop a few pounds, so perhaps the 2.0 will be where i finally sit while running 35s.

I'll be working with TMX in dallas to fine tune where the suspension needs to be when i go to 37s. If i need to ditch the drop shackles because the front needs more lift to clear 37s, I can simply switch to camburg tig shackles and move on with life.

Now, If i decide to, I can leave the drop shackles, go with an RST18, run bed through 4.0s in the back and add limit straps.

I went this route to have the most flexibility moving forward while dropping the least amount of coin to get it.

If i had to do it all over again, I would not have bought fixed collars.

Last edited:

iceman7273

Reaction score
I have +3 deavers and 2.25 perch up front. I am higher in rear by 1/2" which is what i want with the bed empty.

Attachments

• IMG_20171201_160434_912.jpg
    IMG_20171201_160434_912.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20171201_123825_539.jpg
    IMG_20171201_123825_539.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

mikepipe597

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have +3 deavers and 2.25 perch up front. I am higher in rear by 1/2" which is what i want with the bed empty.

What is the distance from the top of your rear tire to the bottom of your fender? Your last pic looks taller then just one inch over stock? You did say you went with the stock +3 deaver and nothing else, correct?

iceman7273

Reaction score
What is the distance from the top of your rear tire to the bottom of your fender? Your last pic looks taller then just one inch over stock? You did say you went with the stock +3 deaver and nothing else, correct?

Last pic is the rear drooped out. Not ride height

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
amazing that ford has spent $$$$$$ on these trucks and still after so many years still put on shit springs. i hated my 14 til i changed em.

RWE

Reaction score
I have the +3s , SDHQ 1" drop shackles and RPG 1.5" collars right now.

The truck sits "stinkbug" by a little over 1" with no load in the bed.

I have had the springs on my truck for about 2,000 miles.

I am waiting for my RPG adjustable collars to arrive. I'm thinking that 2.5" would be the sweet spot unloaded and 2" will be the sweet spot loaded with spares, bed rack, recovery tools, etc. with the stock front bumper and IC.

I'll be doing the ADD pro bumper after i get my full race intercooler. ( its about 3 weeks out.) Between the IC and bumper, I'll drop a few pounds, so perhaps the 2.0 will be where i finally sit while running 35s.

I'll be working with TMX in dallas to fine tune where the suspension needs to be when i go to 37s. If i need to ditch the drop shackles because the front needs more lift to clear 37s, I can simply switch to camburg tig shackles and move on with life.

Now, If i decide to, I can leave the drop shackles, go with an RST18, run bed through 4.0s in the back and add limit straps.

I went this route to have the most flexibility moving forward while dropping the least amount of coin to get it.

If i had to do it all over again, I would not have bought fixed collars.

when did you order your intercooler?

RWE

Reaction score
Are deavers really a noticeable change on this truck? on the 14 I really didn't think they were worth it but everyone seems to be going crazy about them here.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
when did you order your intercooler?

Black friday/cyber monday sale. I'm hoping that It arrives between xmas and new years so I can get it installed before I have to start traveling for work again.

Are deavers really a noticeable change on this truck? on the 14 I really didn't think they were worth it but everyone seems to be going crazy about them here.

HUGE difference in the truck's behavior. The rear end is less jittery and WAY more predictable both on road and off.

As an FYI, With +3 deavers, 1" sdhq drop shackles and the RPG adjustable collars set to 2.5", My truck is almost perfectly level with an unloaded bed.

I'm thinking 3" front and swapping the drop shackles for camburg TIG shackles will put me exactly where I want to be with a loaded bed and 37s.

Last edited: