GEN 2 Dealers, Warranties and TSBs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TSB only references the trans, not the ECU. Thanks for all the recommendations for local dealers from those who have thrown them out there. Still waiting for Ford to call me back...

Dealer told me that TCM is now part of PCM, so they flash the whole thing.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even so, refusing to do it because of an intake is BS. The best part is, the manager told me I could have it done if I paid for an hour of labor.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TSB only references the trans, not the ECU. Thanks for all the recommendations for local dealers from those who have thrown them out there. Still waiting for Ford to call me back...

The TSB has the dealer reprogram the PCM. It’s a coordinated flash; both the PCM and TCM are updated at the same time.

Peck299

Reaction score
Might have to go to a Ford Dealer outside of CA. I transferred here 3 years ago and have never had the issues with Ford dealers back East like I do here. Can’t wait until summer of 21 to transfer out of here.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not Los Angeles County but try Irvine and Huntington Beach. Had good experiences with both.

HB did my alignment under warranty, no questions asked. Irvine recently did my 2nd oil change with an ADD bumper and they replaced the onboard modem under warranty also no questions asked.

Mere speculation but an issue that you might run into is that since you went to a dealership already, they may have made notes for your vehicle in the system that you’ve tried to get a warranty job done but refused due to aftermarket part so other dealerships may be able to see it. Hopefully they also didn’t red flag your warranty.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not Los Angeles County but try Irvine and Huntington Beach. Had good experiences with both.

HB did my alignment under warranty, no questions asked. Irvine recently did my 2nd oil change with an ADD bumper and they replaced the onboard modem under warranty also no questions asked.

Mere speculation but an issue that you might run into is that since you went to a dealership already, they may have made notes for your vehicle in the system that you’ve tried to get a warranty job done but refused due to aftermarket part so other dealerships may be able to see it. Hopefully they also didn’t red flag your warranty.
I can’t see a dealer making any argument about an aftermarket bumper affecting engine, transmission, or any onboard electronics.