Dealer keeps filling tires to 44psi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done with my second, and last, prepaid oil change from my dealer. Both times they filled my tires to 44 psi. It’s supposed to be 38 psi, like it says in the door jamb, right?

OP
OP
Flash1034

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh. Ok. He didn’t seem like a very sharp tool. I requested full synthetic oil. I watched him fill with regular oil, realize his mistake, rack it back up, drain the new oil and replace with the correct synthetic oil. I’m glad my prepaid ones are over. I’ll be my own mechanic now.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant remember for sure but isn't max psi 44 on the ko2 or is it 50?

They are probably going off sidewall and not the jam.
But even at 38psi the center of the tire will see accelerate wear especially in the rear.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not dealers it’s factory. That’s because 44psi is the max load (when u put something heavy on your truck bed plus heavy passengers). For safety reasons ford is mandated to assume when u buy your truck u gona take all your family and couple of tones of dirt on your pack haha. Billy can fuc**** up for everyone so ford has a guideline for the worst scenario

At raptor assault class they will tell u to have 32 front (engine load) and 29 in the back but that might trigger the tire sensor. When u let the air from your tires to 33 psi U will be surprised how soft and comfortable the ride is.. on street and trail.

I got mine at 38

Last edited:

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran my ko2 at 42 front/back

current stt pro at 40

may try dropping the rear to 36 because theres no weight there on daily driving

but its rear wheel drive most of the time

so I may end up sacrificing comfort for handling

TopElement

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's annoying. Dealer delivered my 2020 with 46psi all around.

I've set it to 38 front, 36 rear. Smoother ride and less tire spinning now.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it's annoying. Dealer delivered my 2020 with 46psi all around.

I've set it to 38 front, 36 rear. Smoother ride and less tire spinning now.

I do the same settings for comfort. But tire wear is more and mpg less at those numbers.